Surgical Technician Certified (FT) - Laguna Niguel Surgery Center
Surgical Care Affiliates Laguna Niguel, CA
- Posted: October 28, 2020
Overview Surgical Care Affiliates is currently seeking a Certified Surgical Technician!
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.
MemorialCare Surgical Center Laguna Niguel is a multi-specialty Ambulatory Surgery Center located in South Orange County with 2 operating rooms and 1 procedure room. MCSC Laguna Niguel is a
Growing, Fast Paced Multispecialty Ambulatory Surgery Center with specialties including, Ophthalmology, Orthopedics, Podiatry, Gynecology, General Surgery, Pain, Pediatrics, and ENT.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
The Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) is responsible for the provision of patient care to meet identified patient outcomes, and to achieve the goals of the facility as directed by the Registered Nurse. The CST performs duties according to scope of practice designated by the facility position description, role and responsibilities and according to the surgical technologist professional organization and certification board. The CST MUST BE SEASONED in Ophthalmology, Orthopedics, Podiatry, Gynecology, General Surgery, and ENT.
- Must be seasoned in scrubbing Cataracts.
- CST handles the equipment, instruments and supplies during surgery as well as protects the sterile area.
- They must have a clear understanding of the surgical procedure being performed which will help the scrub tech to anticipate any needs of the surgeon. The list of duties for a scrub technologist also includes:
- Makes sure all supplies and equipment needed for surgical procedure are present and in working order
- Sets up a sterile field and operating room table with the proper instruments, equipment, supplies and any medication or solutions needed for the surgical procedure
- Performs counts with the circulating surgical technologist before the start of surgery and prior to the incision
- Prepares and cleans all instruments for sterilization
- Assists other team members with terminal cleaning of the operating room and preps for next patient
- Ability to set priorities, focus and stay on task
- Ability to provide direction to others that is clear, concise and promotes efficiency throughout the clinical areas of the facility
- Ability to communicate well with patients, families, Teammates, physicians, other members of the healthcare team, etc.
- Recognizes legal and policy limits of individual practice.
- Utilizes time effectively
- Follows established facility policies and procedures with regard to attendance
- Upholds and practices the principles and policies of the SCA Compliance program
- Graduate of a recognized and accredited Certified Surgical Technologist Program.
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Current BLS certification.
- Minimum 2 years previous experience in either a hospital or ambulatory surgical center setting required. Strong Orthopedic background preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of aseptic and sterile technique.
- Ability to tolerate prolonged periods of standing and walking.
- Ability to perform lifting and transporting of patients; and lifting of instrument trays and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and to organize work in order of importance.
- Ability to work effectively in stressful situations and in a variety of peri-operative environments.
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
#SurgicalTech #SurgicalTechnologist #HealthcareJobs #MedicalJobs #Healthcare #Health #SCA #SurgicalCareAffiliates
Surgical Care Affiliates
AddressLaguna Niguel, CA
HealthcareView all jobs at Surgical Care Affiliates