Surgical Tech Certified (PT) - Glenwood Surgical Center
Surgical Care Affiliates Riverside, CA
- Expired: April 27, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
We are actively hiring for an Surgical Technologist Certified.
- Promote the mission, vision, and values of SCA.
- Function as a scrub person during operative and other invasive procedures by
- Protecting the patient from injury caused by extraneous objects and chemical, electrical, laser, mechanical, and thermal sources.
- Demonstrating safe operating of equipment and machinery and follows procedures for reporting and correcting an unsafe situation.
- Performing accounting procedures to protect the patient from unintended retained surgical items.
- Speaking up with safety concerns acting as the patient's advocate.
- Handling specimens according to facility policy and procedures.
- Adhering to standard precautions including the use of personal protective equipment.
- Performing interventions to maintain the patient's wound and tissue perfusion at or above baseline levels.
- Performing interventions to protect the patient from surgical site infection.
- Assembling supplies and equipment required for the procedure.
- Preparing and organizing sterile supplies and instruments for the procedure.
- Providing instruments and supplies to the surgical team during the procedure.
- Protecting the patient's rights, dignity, and privacy.
- Providing age-specific, culturally competent, ethical care within legal standards of practice.
- Maintaining a fire safe environment.
- Practicing and monitoring aseptic technique.
- Complying with Universal Protocol and facility site validation and time-out policy.
- Maintain radiation safety at all times in accordance with facility policies and procedures.
- Clean and prepare surgical instruments for processing and transport them to the decontamination areas.
- Evaluate the patient's progress toward attaining outcomes.
- Provide hand-off report to other teammates that are accurate, concise and pertinent to the patient's condition and response to care.
- Document episode of care accurately, timely, completely, and legibly.
- Demonstrate effective communication and collaboration skills with members of the perioperative team and other stakeholders.
- Assist with post procedure cleaning of the operative or other invasive procedure room and preparation of room for subsequent patients.
- Serve as a member of a multidisciplinary team in planning perioperative patient care.
- Participate in quality review and performance improvement projects.
- Participate in the performance appraisal process.
- Use problem-solving and conflict resolution skills to foster effective work relationships.
- Maintain required competencies.
- Pursue professional growth.
- Act as a patient advocate and main privacy and confidentiality of individuals and health information.
- Comply with all SCA and facility policies and procedures, regulatory and accreditation standards and professional guidelines when providing patient care.
- Actively participate in team meetings, trainings, and daily safety huddles.
- Demonstrate fiscal responsibility.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- High School Graduate or equivalent.
- Graduate of a recognized and accredited Surgical Technologist Program preferred.
- Prior Experience as a Surgical Technologist preferred.
- Current Surgical Technologist certification preferred.
- Successful completion of BCLS Course within 90 days of employment or documentation of current BCLS certification.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Physically demanding, high-stress environment
- Exposure to blood and body fluids, communicable diseases, chemicals, radiation, and repetitive motions
- Pushing and pulling heavy objects
- Full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients and equipment
- Manual and finger dexterity
- Hand eye coordination
- Standing and walking for extensive periods of time
- Lifting and carrying items weighing up to 50 lbs
- Corrected vision and hearing to within normal range
- Working irregular hours
As a representative of Surgical Care Affiliates, all comments, attitudes, actions, and behaviors have a direct impact on the Facility's success. Interaction with patients, families, physicians, referral sources, affiliated schools, visitors, volunteers, co-workers, supervisors, vendors, etc. must be in a manner that is friendly, supportive, courteous, respectful, cooperative, and professional. This behavior should promote an atmosphere of teamwork, a culture of safety, and in accordance with SCA Core Values.
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Surgical Care Affiliates
HealthcareView all jobs at Surgical Care Affiliates