Surgical Tech Certified (FT) - Limestone Surgery Center
Surgical Care Affiliates Wilmington, DE
- Posted: April 07, 2021
# of Openings: 1
Category: Technician/Clinical Unlicensed
System ID: 14634
Group Name: Acela
Surgical Care Affiliates (SCA) is transforming specialty care in our communities. We relentlessly create value by aligning physicians, health plans and health systems around a common goal: delivering exceptional care and healing to our patients and communities we serve. We are driven to achieve the quadruple aim in health care: high quality outcomes and a better experience for patients and providers, all at a lower total cost of care. As a national leader in surgical care, SCA's 10,000 teammates operate more than 250 surgical facilities that serve nearly 1 million patients per year. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.
Why join SCA? Consider the following fantastic benefits...
- Positive work culture
- Career growth opportunities
- Comprehensive medical, vision and dental insurance - eligible on Day 1 of employment
- Paid time off plus 8 paid holidays
- Maternity/paternity/adoption benefits
- Employer-paid life and short- and long-term disability insurance
- Excellent 401(k) Plan
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
We are actively hiring for an Surgical Technologist Certified.
- Promote the mission, vision, and values of SCA.
- Function as a scrub person during operative and other invasive procedures by
- Protecting the patient from injury caused by extraneous objects and chemical, electrical, laser, mechanical, and thermal sources.
- Demonstrating safe operating of equipment and machinery and follows procedures for reporting and correcting an unsafe situation.
- Performing accounting procedures to protect the patient from unintended retained surgical items.
- Speaking up with safety concerns acting as the patient's advocate.
- Handling specimens according to facility policy and procedures.
- Adhering to standard precautions including the use of personal protective equipment.
- Performing interventions to maintain the patient's wound and tissue perfusion at or above baseline levels.
- Performing interventions to protect the patient from surgical site infection.
- Assembling supplies and equipment required for the procedure.
- Preparing and organizing sterile supplies and instruments for the procedure.
- Providing instruments and supplies to the surgical team during the procedure.
- Protecting the patient's rights, dignity, and privacy.
- Providing age-specific, culturally competent, ethical care within legal standards of practice.
- Maintaining a fire safe environment.
- Practicing and monitoring aseptic technique.
- Complying with Universal Protocol and facility site validation and time-out policy.
- Maintain radiation safety at all times in accordance with facility policies and procedures.
- Clean and prepare surgical instruments for processing and transport them to the decontamination areas.
- Evaluate the patient's progress toward attaining outcomes.
- Provide hand-off report to other teammates that are accurate, concise and pertinent to the patient's condition and response to care.
- Document episode of care accurately, timely, completely, and legibly.
- Demonstrate effective communication and collaboration skills with members of the perioperative team and other stakeholders.
- Assist with post procedure cleaning of the operative or other invasive procedure room and preparation of room for subsequent patients.
- Serve as a member of a multidisciplinary team in planning perioperative patient care.
- Participate in quality review and performance improvement projects.
- Participate in the performance appraisal process.
- Use problem-solving and conflict resolution skills to foster effective work relationships.
- Maintain required competencies.
- Pursue professional growth.
- Act as a patient advocate and main privacy and confidentiality of individuals and health information.
- Comply with all SCA and facility policies and procedures, regulatory and accreditation standards and professional guidelines when providing patient care.
- Actively participate in team meetings, trainings, and daily safety huddles.
- Demonstrate fiscal responsibility.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- High School Graduate or equivalent.
- Graduate of a recognized and accredited Surgical Technologist Program preferred.
- Prior Experience as a Surgical Technologist preferred.
- Current Surgical Technologist certification preferred.
- Successful completion of BCLS Course within 90 days of employment or documentation of current BCLS certification.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Physically demanding, high-stress environment
- Exposure to blood and body fluids, communicable diseases, chemicals, radiation, and repetitive motions
- Pushing and pulling heavy objects
- Full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients and equipment
- Manual and finger dexterity
- Hand eye coordination
- Standing and walking for extensive periods of time
- Lifting and carrying items weighing up to 50 lbs
- Corrected vision and hearing to within normal range
- Working irregular hours
As a representative of Surgical Care Affiliates, all comments, attitudes, actions, and behaviors have a direct impact on the Facility's success. Interaction with patients, families, physicians, referral sources, affiliated schools, visitors, volunteers, co-workers, supervisors, vendors, etc. must be in a manner that is friendly, supportive, courteous, respectful, cooperative, and professional. This behavior should promote an atmosphere of teamwork, a culture of safety, and in accordance with SCA Core Values.
Surgical Care Affiliates
HealthcareView all jobs at Surgical Care Affiliates