Type: Full Time Employee
# of Openings: 1
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
Position supports the Supply Chain Group Manager by implementing supply chain best practices, creating analytics, and supporting strategy development for SCA facilities. Acts as a liaison between facilities, suppliers, and supply chain leadership to support regional and local cost reduction initiatives. Position will provide exceptional support to facilities for all Supply Chain activities including, but not limited to, contract negotiation, benchmarking, standardization, market analysis, and industry best practices.
- Support cost reduction opportunities for SCA facilities via standardization, benchmarking, and value analysis
- Create solution-based analytics to increase business efficiency and/or improve business processes
- Identify new opportunities, assist in negotiating and implementing local and regional purchasing agreements, (bids, requests for proposals, etc.); Validate savings achieved.
- Maintain and improve the quality of care provided to patients while supporting cost reduction initiatives
- Subject matter expert for industry suppliers & surgical techniques to develop supply strategies and presentations
- Support implementation of national contracts and product conversions within SCA facilities
- Educate facilities on supply chain best practices, proprietary ordering system, fundamentals of the purchase to pay process, including accruals, in order to maximize opportunities and streamline operations
- Monitor and ensure facility performance meets expectations regarding key metrics; daily supply report, buy right percentage, cost per case and supplies as a percentage of net patient revenue
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with facility staff, including the medical team. Participate in Partnership meetings, Regional meetings, etc. to present Supply Chain opportunities, savings realized, & metrics.
- Possess knowledge of inventory processes; train and educate the best in class techniques regarding par levels, inventory forecasting, etc.
- Help Desk
- Respond issues and improve operational performance
- Identify, analyze and resolve catalog, supply, and supplier performance problems with centers and escalate to appropriate management when required.
- Develop supplier relations that enable assistance in problem resolution
- Perform other duties as assigned by members of management
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal skills including a proven ability to successfully interact and foster open dialogue with centers, internal departments, field operations, category management, and supply base
- Superior organization, attention to detail, and analytical skills with emphasis in managing multi-site requests, workload prioritization
- Must work effectively under pressure in a fast-paced environment and have a critical sense of timeliness
- Possess knowledge in purchasing, inventory and cost reduction systems and methods
- Strong communication skills and team orientation
- Expert in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); SQL Management Studio preferred
- Integrity, professionalism, optimism and energy. Exceptional problem-solving and results-driven orientation
- Preferred success in managing high volume projects and multiple priorities
- Able to work independently on assigned activities or as part of a structured team as required
- Must demonstrate and maintain and extremely high regard for confidential and sensitive information
- Must be willing to travel
Total education, vocational training and experience:
- 4-year bachelor's degree in supply chain, operations, business or equivalent experience
- 1-5 years purchasing, supplier management, or contract management experience preferred
- Experienced in:
- Identifying barriers, business trends, and escalating to operations
- Areas related to purchasing, contracts, accounting, budgeting, or healthcare
- Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC) or healthcare industry preferred
- Expert in Microsoft applications with working knowledge of industry standard contract management, materials management, and reporting software
- Tableau analytics software preferred
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Surgical Care Affiliates