Type: Full Time Employee
# of Openings: 1
The Market Accounting team provides accounting support to our ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals. Each team is regionally aligned to support facilities within their specific region. The market accounting team partners with the Financial Operations team and CEOs at the individual facilities to ensure the accounting is appropriate.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
The Senior Market Accountant will perform month end close duties, will assist the Financial Operations team with understanding items flowing through the General Ledger and impacting the financial statements each month, miscellaneous accounting functions outside of month end close (balance sheet recs, ad hoc reporting, special projects/initiatives, etc), and will participate in continuous improvement projects.
- Perform month end close procedures including preparing and recording manual journal entries
- Analyze facility level financial statements, providing insightful analysis relative to financial results
- Pro-actively communicate with facility and field stakeholders on monthly financial results, particularly related to unusual variances and trends, and partner on the resolution of identified items
- Maintain general ledger and chart of accounts to ensure accuracy and reliability
- Prepare general ledger account reconciliations and partner with key stakeholders on the resolution of outstanding items
- Prepare partnership distributions
- Train and mentor market accountants and experienced market accountants to ensure appropriate and continued development and coaching
- Review work product of market accountants and experienced accountants and provide effective feedback as appropriate
- Use of independent judgment and analytical skills in resolution of field/home-office inquiries
- Assist and drive team and company initiatives
- Exhibit leadership skills through coaching, critical self-review, motivation, self-confidence and self-discipline
- BS in Accounting or finance required
- CPA preferred
- 5 + years experience in corporate or public accounting
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and statistical skills
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork, organizational, and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to interact with all levels of management
- Additionally, candidate should possess the ability to work in a changing, fast paced environment while displaying strong teamwork and communication skills. Candidate must be able to work independently and efficiently, with acute attention to details and deadlines. Candidate should have a can-do, will-do attitude, with the ability to influence others towards positive results and actions.
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
#Accounting #SCA #SurgicalCareAffiliates
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.