Scheduler (FT) - KU Medwest Surgery Center
Surgical Care Affiliates Shawnee, KS
- Expired: April 21, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.Accountabilities / Responsibilities
- Responsible for scheduling all outpatient surgeries and procedures as requested by the physician or the physician's office staff.
- Responsible for obtaining and adding patient demographics and insurance information into the billing system.
- Responsible for contacting payers to verify patient benefits and obtain necessary authorization.
- Coordinates efforts with the Director of Nursing to ensure availability of needed equipment, requested staff, and/or ancillary services.
- Prepares and distributes the daily surgery schedule to the Nursing Managers, RNs, Pre-Op and PACU Nurse and Technicians, Business Office Manager.
- Responsible for capturing complete and accurate clinical, demographic and insurance information on patients scheduled at the surgery center.
- Responsible for communicating to the Director of Nursing, and other appropriate employees, for same day and next day add-on cases.
- Responsible for communicating any potential scheduling conflicts to the Director of Nursing.
- Promptly communicates any patient problems to the Business Office Manager and/or Director of Nursing.
- Maintains positive communications with the medical staff members and their office personnel.
- Responsible for tracking cancellations.
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining and releasing block time.
- Responsible for preparing daily bank deposits for monies received at the surgery center.
- Cross-training to cover the front desk for lunches, breaks, and extended absences of the Receptionist/Admitting Clerk. The Scheduler shall also be cross trained in medical records, chart preparation, collections, and patient account advocacy duties.
- Perform other clerical duties as directed by the Business Office Manager.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Minimum one (1) year scheduling experience in an ambulatory surgery facility, acute-care hospital, or doctor's office
- Ability to meet deadlines
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Surgical Care Affiliates
HealthcareView all jobs at Surgical Care Affiliates