Registered Nurse OR (FT) - Connecticut Surgery Center
Surgical Care Affiliates Hartford, CT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Type: Full Time Employee
# of Openings: 1
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively organizes time, equipment, supplies, and personnel.
- Uses equipment effectively by anticipating patient needs and providing appropriate care.
- Confirms that proper techniques and procedures are used according to accepted Standards of Practice and organizational policies and procedures.
- Assists with the ordering, receiving, and storage of supplies.
- Maintains order and cleanliness of the intra-operative area.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains surgical services as assigned, in accordance with written policies and in compliance with various regulatory and accrediting agencies and is responsible for quality patient care.
- Assists with the development and monitoring of the standards of assigned areas pertaining to the operating room, sterilization and decontamination, and corresponding ancillary areas.
- Responsible for efficient and effective patient care and quality improvement.
- Helps in determining goals for assigned area and effectively manages resources to achieve the goals.
- Maintains a collegial relationship with physicians to ensure quality patient care.
- At the direction of the Director of Nursing, maintains an adequate inventory for assigned area, including, but not limited to, equipment and supplies.
- Assists in recruitment, selection, training, supervision, and retention of operating room/corresponding ancillary area employees.
- Assists with staffing assigned area and performing daily operational processes.
- Responsible for fostering an environment that promotes staff growth and development.
- Supervises and adheres to Surgery Center policies, procedures, and safety programs.
- Participates in Quality Committee(s), Medical Leadership Committee, as requested, and/or assigned.
- Proactively seeks to continuously improve patient care and operations.
- Exhibits competency in performing all functions of assigned area or duties.
- Responsible for other functions as assigned by the Director of Nursing and/or the Administrator.
Education - Required:
- High School graduate or GED certificate recipient
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing
- Current licensure in the State as a Registered Nurse
- Must be current in BCLS
- ACLS/PALS certification within six months of hire date (applicable to scope of service)
Education - Preferred:
- Computer literacy
- BSN Degree
- Previous work experience in an ambulatory surgery setting or acute hospital operating room of no less than one (1) year.
- Ability to meet deadlines
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
#DP #RegisteredNurse #HealthcareJobs #NurseJobs #MedicalJobs #Healthcare #NurseLife #RNJobs #Health #SCA #SurgicalCareAffiliates #ASC #AmbulatorySurgeryCenter
Surgical Care Affiliates
HealthcareView all jobs at Surgical Care Affiliates