Radiology Tech (PT) - Connecticut Surgery Center
Surgical Care Affiliates Farmington, CT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
# of Openings: 1
Category: Registered Nurse
System ID: 14028
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
The Radiology Technologist is responsible for the fluoroscopic x-rays (C-Arm) procedures and other radiation procedures according to facility policy. The Radiation Technologist is responsible to assist with the provision of patient care to meet identified patient outcomes, and to achieve the goals of the facility as directed by the Clinical Leader/Registered Nurse. The Radiation Technologist performs duties according to scope of practice designated by the facility position description, role and responsibilities and under the direction of the designated clinical leader/Registered Nurse.
- Knowledge of radiation equipment, including the maintenance and care of equipment.
- Applies principles of radiation protection.
- Maintains documentation, reports, and files according to facility policy.
- Calculates and regulates equipment using established technique, knowledge and skill.
- Knows and practices the principles and procedures of sterile technique.
- Sets up and operates radiation equipment in operating/procedure rooms.
- Assists physician with imaging procedures.
- Assists with housekeeping tasks as necessary to provide a safe environment for patients, teammates, physicians, guests.
- High School graduate or equivalent; completion of an accredited radiology program required. 1-2 year experience in radiology.
- Knowledge and understanding of radiology principles and practices.
- Certification in radiation technology preferred.
- Successful completion of BCLS Course within 90 days of employment required or documentation of current BCLS certification
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Surgical Care Affiliates
HealthcareView all jobs at Surgical Care Affiliates