RN OR (PT) - Huntingdon Valley Surgery Center
Surgical Care Affiliates Huntingdon Valley, PA
- Posted: over a month ago
# of Openings: 2
Category: Registered Nurse
System ID: 13365
Group Name: Acela
Surgical Care Affiliates (SCA) is transforming specialty care in our communities. We relentlessly create value by aligning physicians, health plans and health systems around a common goal: delivering exceptional care and healing to our patients and communities we serve. We are driven to achieve the quadruple aim in health care: high quality outcomes and a better experience for patients and providers, all at a lower total cost of care. As a national leader in surgical care, SCA's 10,000 teammates operate more than 250 surgical facilities that serve nearly 1 million patients per year. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.
Why join SCA? Consider the following fantastic benefits...
- Positive work culture
- Career growth opportunities
- Comprehensive medical, vision and dental insurance - eligible on Day 1 of employment
- Paid time off plus 8 paid holidays
- Maternity/paternity/adoption benefits
- Employer-paid life and short- and long-term disability insurance
- Excellent 401(k) Plan
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides nursing care to ensure the safety of the patient.
- Directs and assists in carrying out safe aseptic, sterile techniques, and procedures.
- To perform various tasks as an OR circulator.
- Assumes responsibility that the OR is prepared for the patient.
- Assist in transporting patient to OR and checks patient record for appropriate pre-op preparation and procedures.
- Verifies that appropriate surgical prep is completed.
- Completes documentation for OR records, laboratory requisitions, and patient chart
- Supervises and assists with the proper and safe positioning of the patient.
- Performs sponge, needle, and instrument counts
- Takes ownership for all surgical specimens properly.
- Secures emergency equipment and supplies as needed.
- Provides assistance to teammates, surgeons, and anesthesia.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Good communication skills that promote safe patient care.
Education - Required:
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing
- Current licensure in the State as a Registered Nurse
- Must be current in BCLS
- ACLS/PALS certification within six months of hire date (applicable to scope of service)
Education - Preferred:
- Computer literacy
- BSN Degree
- Previous work experience in an ambulatory surgery setting or acute hospital operating room of no less than one (1) year.
- Ability to meet deadlines
Surgical Care Affiliates
AddressHuntingdon Valley, PA
HealthcareView all jobs at Surgical Care Affiliates