Type: Full Time Employee
# of Openings: 1
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
Position provides purchasing, cost and inventory expertise to SCA centers/hospitals. Acts as a liaison between centers, suppliers, and the SmartSystem (Surgical Care Affiliate's catalog and purchasing system) and will support Purchasing, Cost and Inventory Managers in implementing regional and local cost reduction opportunities. Position will provide exceptional support to facilities for all Supply Chain activities including, but not limited to, contract negotiation, benchmarking, standardization, market analysis, and industry best practices.
- Facilitate and drive cost reduction opportunities for SCA centers/hospitals by utilizing standardization, value analysis, utilization, and pricing cost reduction strategies
- Educate facilities on supply chain best practices, proprietary ordering system, fundamentals of the purchase to pay process, including accruals, in order to maximize opportunities and streamline operations.
- Deliver savings while maintaining and improving the quality of care provided to patients.
- Monitor and ensure facility performance meets expectations regarding key metrics; daily supply report, buy right percentage, cost per case and supplies as a percentage of net patient revenue
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with facility staff, including the medical team. Participate in Partnership meetings, Regional meetings, etc. to present opportunities, savings realized, and overall supply chain metrics.
- Recommend solutions based upon data analysis to increase business efficiency and/or improve business processes.
- Identify new opportunities, assist in negotiating and implementing local and regional purchasing agreements, (bids, requests for proposals, etc.); Validates savings opportunity to SCA facilities
- Participates in the selection, evaluation, monitoring, analysis and implementation of cost effective product, services and processes.
- Possess knowledge of inventory processes; train and educate the best in class techniques regarding par levels, inventory forecasting, etc.
- Support implementation of national contracts and product conversions within SCA facilities.
- Maintain/update SmartSystem home page on a weekly basis. This will include adding new contract award bulletins/Tip of the Week, pharmacy updates and capital updates.
- Help Desk
- Respond issues and improve operational performance.
- Identify, analyze and resolve catalog, supply, and supplier performance problems with centers and escalate to appropriate management when required.
- Develop supplier relations that enable assistance in problem resolution.
- Serve as backup for Director of Equipment Planning by answering questions, resolving issues and generating purchase orders for equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned by members of management.
- 4-year Bachelor's Degree in purchasing, operations, business or equivalent experience.
- 1-5 years purchasing, supplier management or contract management experience preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of creating and maintaining item master, catalog database and various analytic tools.
- Strong organization skills and relating data to business metrics.
- Strong ability to identify barriers, business trends and escalate to operations
- Experience in areas related to data warehousing, purchasing, contracts, accounting, budgeting, or healthcare.
- Experience in Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC) or healthcare industry preferred.
- PeopleSoft experience preferred.
- Expert in Microsoft applications with working knowledge of industry standard contract management, materials management, and reporting software.
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
#DP #SCA #SurgicalCareAffiliates
Surgical Care Affiliates