Purchasing Agent Clerk (PT) - South Jersey Surgery Center
Surgical Care Affiliates Mount Laurel, NJ
- Expired: April 09, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
# of Openings: 1
System ID: 14692
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
The Purchasing/Supply Clerk is responsible assisting with the facility inventory management plan to support patient care, and to achieve organizational goals as directed by the facility management. The Purchasing/Supply Clerk performs duties according to scope of practice designated by the facility position description, role and responsibilities.
- Responsible to maintain the facility inventory management plan in the interest of delivering safe patient care as directed by the facility leadership.
- Responsible for the receipt and distribution of supply, floor stock, office and stock supplies and rental equipment
- Maintains adequate levels of inventory
- Returns/removes excess stock
- Follows regulatory requirements and accreditation guidelines, to support safety and security procedures:
- Performs periodic physical inventories as assigned and according to identified schedules
- Keeps carts and shelves to standards: 6" from floor, 18" from ceiling.
- Monitors, tracks, returns outdated supplies to ensure that no outdated supply is issued.
- Ensures all receipts have purchase order numbers and are authorized.
- Checks all incoming shipments for damage.
- Follows major vendor contracts and policies from SCA.
- Provides economic and conservative management of facility property.
- Demonstrates appropriate awareness of age specific development needs for the population served
- Ensures timely removal of soiled linen, and biohazardous and non-hazard waste throughout facility according to linen and waste management contracts
- Pulls and stocks supplies for main supply areas and facility departments
- Distributes "Special Order Items" throughout facility
- Responsible for the department's accurate record keeping and reporting
- Keeps all departments informed of shortages, back-orders, re-calls and any supply issues affecting requests/needs
- Communicates to all vendors, sales reps and accounts as liaison for clinical Teammates
- Meets all established deadlines for the ordering, receipt, delivery and storage of supplies
- Checks and distributes all orders promptly and accurately
- Provides Administrator with data as requested
- Demonstrates ability to meet patients and family's learning needs as identified in the plan of care under the direction of the facility leadership.
- Assists facility leaders to provide supplies and equipment as needed for patient care needs
- Assists the facility leaders to provide appropriate interventions related to patient and environmental safety issues.
- Demonstrates appropriate knowledge and competence of designated skills identified for position.
- Completes competencies and competencies checklists for education and training specific to job position, duties, role and responsibilities and according to facility policy
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Prefer 1-2 years of experience in medical supplies/equipment and materials management.
- Current BLS card or within 90 days of hire
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds, move, bend, stand for long periods of time, hand and finger agility.
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Surgical Care Affiliates
AddressMount Laurel, NJ
GovernmentView all jobs at Surgical Care Affiliates