SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.
Texas Health Surgery Center Irving is an Ambulatory Surgery Center located in Irving, Texas. The center is a joint venture partnership with Precision Orthopedics, SCA and Texas Health Resources. The newly renovated facility is located on the second floor of a medical office building shared with Precision Orthopedics. The facility performs orthopedic, spine and pain management procedures in 2 Operating Rooms and 1 Procedure Room. Hours operation are Monday through Friday.
The Pre-Op and PACU Registered Nurse is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and coordinating patient care from admission to discharge. The Registered Nurse is responsible for the achievement of patient outcomes in accordance with the mission, vision, and values of the facility.
- Assesses, plans, evaluates and ensures the implementation of the patient's care to achieve identified outcomes and delivers safe patient care according to facility policy and procedure.
- Demonstrates appropriate knowledge and competence of designated skills identified for position in preoperative and post anesthesia patient care duties.
- Demonstrates continued competence in assessing, treating, and caring for individuals based upon age-specific needs utilizing a developmental perspective.
- Displays an understanding of each patient's cognitive, physical, emotional, and chronological maturity in the assessments, treatment, and care undertaken based on age-specific criteria.
- Completes all documentation to ensure the availability of accurate and up to date information in accordance with established standards.
- Participates in quality council to facilitate improvement of patient care, in orientation of nursing staff, in developing standardized patient education programs, and in team conferences on assigned patients.
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing
- Current state licensure to practice.
- At least 1-2 years of Pre-op/PACU nursing experience preferred.
- Successful completion of Basic Life Support (BLS)/Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) within 90 days of employment or documentation of current BLS/BCLS certification. Successful completion of ACLS Course within 90 days of employment or documentation of current ACLS certification.
- Skills and Abilities
Please click HERE to apply.
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
#DP #RegisteredNurse #HealthcareJobs #NurseJobs #MedicalJobs #Healthcare #NurseLife #RNJobs #Health #SCA #SurgicalCareAffiliates #ASC #AmbulatorySurgeryCenter