Nursing Manager (FT) - Texas Health Surgery Center-Rockwall
Surgical Care Affiliates Rockwall, TX
- Expired: April 01, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
# of Openings: 1
Category: Registered Nurse
System ID: 14381
Texas Health Surgery Center Rockwall, our management team is focused on providing the highest level of care and communication to our patient, physician specialists and their staff. We greatly value our patients and their families' confidence in entrusting us with their safety, comfort, and convenience while we provide optimal clinical care.
Our physicians enjoy a partnership that provides an efficient extension to their offices for cost effective alternatives, and time saving features to augment today's medical practice. A foundation for our team - we respectfully pledge our commitment to provide training, education and the advancement of the work environment though dedicated corporate support.
We are currently looking for a Nursing Manager- Full Time to join our team.
More great reasons to join our team:
- Generous Paid Time Off including 8 paid holidays
- Maternity/paternity /adoption benefits
- Comprehensive medical, vision and dental insurance - coverage begins on day 1 of employment!
- Employer-paid life and short and long term disability insurance
- Excellent 401(k) Plan
- No holidays, weekends, nights or call
Our center is part of the Surgical Care Affiliates family. SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
The Nurse Manager is responsible for the overall functioning of the Nursing Department. As a Registered Nurse is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and coordinating patient care from admission to discharge. The Registered Nurse is responsible for assisting with the achievement of patient outcomes through implementation of critical pathways and in accordance with the mission of the hospital.
Primary position responsibilities:
- Assesses, plans, evaluates, and ensures the implementation of the patient's pathway to achieve identified outcomes
- Assumes a leadership role in the provision of quality nursing care for patients receiving services within the nursing department
- Demonstrates continjued comptence in assessing, treating, and caring for individuals based upon age-specific needs utilizing a developmental perspective
- Demonstrates appropriate knowledge and competence of designated skills identified for position
- Supervises the smooth functioning of the unit on assigned shift
Secondary position responsibilities:
- Communicates patient information to assure confidentiality and continuity of care
- Interacts with all patients, families, visitors and fellow employees in a mature, responsible manner to ensure a positive and professional hospital environment
- Communicates shift/unit issues to appropriate personnel in a timely manner
- Maintains and evaluate own clinical expertise and unit clinical practice
- Performs a yearly self evaluation
- Attends 75% of unit based staff meetings and demonstrates review of minutes for all others
- Provides a unit based inservice, annually
- Demonstrates the importance of continuing education to the performance of facility responsibilities and growth in profession
- Maintains and displays appropriate knowledge of professional developments through printed material or other sources.
- Attends professional training seminars when appropriate for job development and shares information with other staff members.
- Attends and participates in all applicable hospital training and development workshops scheduled by the facility
- Maintains work area and equipment in a pristine manner
- Has attended and put into practice the principles of Service Satisfaction
- Maintains dress and appearance according to standards as observed by management
- Demonstrates the safe operation of equipment and machinery and follows procedures for reporting and correcting an unsafe situation
- Strives to be professional, courteous, helpful and cooperative
- Performs all other duties as assigned
Licenses or Certificates:
- Current Licensure in the State
- Successful completion of Basic Cardiac Life Support Course.
- CNOR preferred.
Total education, vocational training and experience (minimum requirements of candidate):
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing and/or BSN, Master's degree in Nursing/Management preferred.
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
#RegisteredNurse #HealthcareJobs #NurseJobs #MedicalJobs #Healthcare #NurseLife #RNJobs #Health #SCA #SurgicalCareAffiliates #ASC #AmbulatorySurgeryCenter
Surgical Care Affiliates
HealthcareView all jobs at Surgical Care Affiliates