Medical Records Specialist (FT) - Lexington Surgery Center
Surgical Care Affiliates Lexington, KY
- Posted: November 15, 2021
Surgical Care Affiliates (SCA) is transforming specialty care in our communities. We relentlessly create value by aligning physicians, health plans and health systems around a common goal: delivering exceptional care and healing to our patients and communities we serve. We are driven to achieve the quadruple aim in health care: high quality outcomes and a better experience for patients and providers, all at a lower total cost of care. As a national leader in surgical care, SCA's 10,000 teammates operate more than 250 surgical facilities that serve nearly 1 million patients per year. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.
The Lexington Surgery Center is jointly owned and operated by Surgical Care Affiliates, a national provider of surgery solutions, and UK HealthCare, the academic medical center of the University of Kentucky. Lexington Surgery Center is a fast-paced, multi-specialty, accredited Ambulatory Surgery Center committed to providing each patient with the highest quality care. Our mission is to care for our patients, serve our physicians, and improve healthcare in America.
Why join SCA? Consider the following fantastic benefits...
- Positive work culture
- Career growth opportunities
- Comprehensive medical, vision and dental insurance - eligible on Day 1 of employment
- Paid time off plus 8 paid holidays
- Maternity/paternity/adoption benefits
- Employer-paid life and short- and long-term disability insurance
- Excellent 401(k) Plan
The Medical Records Specialist processes and organizes medical records in a timely manner and in compliance with regulatory and accrediting agencies, as well as state and federal laws. The Medical Record Clerk ensures completeness of the record by auditing charts and completing a medical records checklist. Medical Records Clerk handles the storage and retention of charts, responds to requests for medical record, copies and maintains medical record tracking log. The Medical Records Clerk will function within the Center's policies and procedures, support SCA Values, SCA Vision and SCA Mission.
- Chart Completion
- Operative Reports
- Medical Record Requests
- Retrieving records
- Record Storage and Retention
- Performing other duties as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Associate degree or equivalent from a two-year College or technical school preferred
- three - five years' experience in a medical office, hospital, outpatient surgery center or related field
- Computer experience, Excel, Word, Medical Billing Software and Applications
- Working knowledge of Medical Terminology.
Employment Type: OTHER
Surgical Care Affiliates
HealthcareView all jobs at Surgical Care Affiliates