SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.
The role will support all Accounting lanes with respect to acquisitions/integrations and divestitures/de-integrations. This includes managing all aspects of accounting due diligence, identification of risks, operating model assessments and Opening Balance Sheet compilation. In addition, this role will manage and supervise the day-to-day activities of direct reports.
- Manage the financial and due diligence process of potential targets, including participation in the process of reporting key findings
- Manage the accounting integration process of acquisition targets including, but not limited to, engaging with multiple stakeholders to implement financial/business processes
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with key stakeholders of the due diligence process
- Manage the preparation of appropriate accounting for acquired targets including accounting for business combinations, valuation of acquired assets/liabilities and establishment of entity within the Company's structure
- Manage day-to-day activities and deadlines of direct reports
- Problem solve to integrate difficult systems, processes or desired outcomes during targeting phase of acquisition and through post-acquisition support
- Participate in audit process of acquisition accounting if necessary
- Coordinate the transition of accounting services of acquired entity to facility accounting team
- Assist with managing working capital true-up calculations for acquired targets
Total education, vocational training and experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, and Finance
- CPA preferred
- 5 + years of experience in corporate or public accounting; healthcare or mergers and acquisitions experience preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products: Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint
Skills and Abilities:
- Candidate should be self-motivated with a focus on problem solving and continuous improvement
- Must possess the ability to work in a changing, fast paced environment while displaying strong teamwork and communication skills
- Must be able to work independently and efficiently, with acute attention to details and deadlines
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and statistical skills
- Ability to work across functions in team environment, specifically Development, Operations, Consulting, Corporate Accounting and Leadership Team to meet corporate objectives
- Ability to read/comprehend various legal agreements with respect to acquisitions/de-integrations
- Strong GL and technical knowledge of and experience in applying U.S. GAAP
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to interact with all levels of management and facility personnel and presenting to large groups
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.