Type: Full Time Employee
# of Openings: 1
We are seeking an IT Security Analyst for our IT Security team. The Analyst should assist the security team in supporting the overall IT Security program, by working alerts, having tactical foresight, working successfully with complex teams, and having problem solving skills. Additionally, the role is responsible for coordinating between IT groups, and providing Compliance and Risk minded judgments for new initiatives. The Analyst will help to solve complex problems through innovative and thinking to align projects with the greater goals of Information Technology and the organization.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
This position is primarily responsible for:
- Monitoring and completing information security issues related to internal systems to ensure that security controls for the company are appropriate and enforced as intended.
- Coordinating and executing IT security projects functions as required.
- Working with teammates to gain a broader knowledge of the existing security tools and policies.
- Assessing security controls and recommending remedial actions where needed.
- Communicating with teammates to enhance security awareness.
- Participating in information security incidents and remediation efforts.
- Developing, publishing, and reviewing Information Security guidelines based on Day to Day activities and specific Security processes.
- Maintain an effort to keep abreast of latest security issues and discussing with the Team
- Perform other related duties as assigned
This position is primarily responsible for, or having knowledge of:
- Familiarity with Information Security management/compliance frameworks, such as HIPAA, SOX, and PCI frameworks preferred.
- Knowledge of security-related systems and applications, mainstream operating systems (e.g. Microsoft, Windows, Microsoft Server and Linux), network security appliances, identity and access management (IAM) systems, anti-malware solutions, and desktop security tools and related troubleshooting.
- Familiarity with network infrastructure, including routers, switches, firewalls and associated network protocols and concepts.
- Email integration functionality, MDM, asset management, SIEM, IAM and other IT Security solutions.
- Knowledge of ticketing systems (ServiceNow) is preferred but not required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Participating in cross-functional teams
- Translating daily activities into knowledge/how-to articles.
- Understanding of the business impact of any Security requirements or changes.
Education and experience equivalent to:
- Bachelor's degree in information technology or related field; supplemented with two (2) years of related experience.
- Security+, GIAC, CEH or similar certification preferred.
- Proactive, decisive, action-oriented individual
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, collaboration, facilitation and negotiation skills
- Able to clearly explain technical issues in a way that nontechnical people can understand
- Ability to be broadly focused and manage multiple efforts concurrently
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization; including staff, business stakeholders, and all levels of management
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
#DP #SCA #SurgicalCareAffiliates
Surgical Care Affiliates