Director Nursing (FT) - Texas Health Surgery Center Addison
Surgical Care Affiliates Dallas, TX
- Posted: August 25, 2021
Surgical Care Affiliates (SCA) is transforming specialty care in our communities. We relentlessly create value by aligning physicians, health plans and health systems around a common goal: delivering exceptional care and healing to our patients and communities we serve. We are driven to achieve the quadruple aim in health care: high quality outcomes and a better experience for patients and providers, all at a lower total cost of care. As a national leader in surgical care, SCA's 10,000 teammates operate more than 250 surgical facilities that serve nearly 1 million patients per year. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.
Texas Health Surgery Center Addison is a multi-specialty outpatient facility with 2 operating rooms and 1 procedure room Primary procedures are pain management, orthopedics (including total joint replacements), urology, and spine. We offer a diverse, team oriented, environment with above average patient and teammate satisfaction scores.
Why join SCA? Consider the following fantastic benefits...
- Positive work culture
- Career growth opportunities
- Comprehensive medical, vision and dental insurance - eligible on Day 1 of employment
- Paid time off plus 8 paid holidays
- Maternity/paternity/adoption benefits
- Employer-paid life and short- and long-term disability insurance
- Excellent 401(k) Plan
The Director of Nursing is responsible for all aspects of nursing care delivery in the facility. They will assume responsibility as a department lead of the Operating room and pre/post unit. The Director of Nursing is also responsible for overseeing the facilities quality improvement, risk management, infection control, and education of the teammates. As a Registered Nurse, the Director of Nursing is responsible to work in patient care on a regular basis. The Director of Nursing is also responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and coordinating patient care from admission to discharge.
- Provides leadership oversight to ensure patient needs are met in accordance with instructions of physician and facility's policies & procedures.
- Demonstrates respect for co-workers & leadership and develops positive working relationships within departments.
- Communicates with courtesy when interacting with patients, physicians, procedure schedulers, vendors and the public - in person, on the telephone, or by email.
- Analyzes and correlates clinical data with patient's medical and nursing care.
- Provides direction to others that is clear, concise and promotes efficiency throughout the clinical areas of the facility
- Recognizes legal policy limits and individual practice.
- Staff Operating rooms and pre/post unit on a daily basis, function as integral member of CV team.
- Associates degree in nursing required, a bachelor's degree in nursing preferred
- Current BCLS and ACLS certification required. Basic EKG or Arrhythmia Identification certification preferred.
- Current RN licensure.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience of preop, PACU, and/OR operating room.
- 2-4 years Nursing Management experience preferred.
- 5-10 years of Cardiac Cath Lab or Cardiac Pre/post Unit experience required. Charge Nurse experience preferred.
Surgical Care Affiliates
HealthcareView all jobs at Surgical Care Affiliates