Type: Full Time Employee
# of Openings: 1
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.
Advocate Condell Surgery Center is a multispecialty ambulatory surgery center
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
The Clinical Manager/Lead- OR is responsible for all aspects of nursing care delivery in the OR. Assumes overseeing and assisting the Charge for PACU/OR Departments. The Clinical Manager is also responsible for the Quality Improvement/Risk Management Program for the center and Education Coordinator for the facility, as well. Assumes some responsibility of the Administrator in her absence. As a Registered Nurse, the Clinical Manager is also responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and coordinating patient care from admission to discharge.
Key Responsibilities :
- Assesses, plans, and evaluates and ensures the implementation of the patients care to achieve identified out comes.
- Assesses patient status on admission and on an ongoing basis.
- Implements appropriate standards of care based on assessment data and patient's own goals. Goals are mutually set with the patient and the family.
- Coordinated nursing interventions to enhance achievement of expected outcomes and to ensure readiness for discharge.
- Provides provision of patient care daily in an organized and timely manner.
- Adheres to all facility policies and procedures when providing patient care.
- Utilizes nursing care standards when planning and implementing patient care.
- Demonstrates ability to direct and provide for patient care in emergency situations
- Assumes a leadership role in the provision of quality nursing care for patients receiving care.Analyzes nursing care provided in the center related to the established standards of care.Interviews, selects and retains qualified staff to meet facility needs. Also assures replacement of marginal staff members before he/she has negative impact on peer relationships or morale.Responsible for direction, teaching and management growth of the Operating Room Team and the PACU Team and the Quality Management.Oversees and participates on Performance Improvement Committee to facilitate improvement of nursing care and achievement of mission of the facility.Responsible for ongoing accreditation programs in areas of quality improvement, risk management, infection control, facility and fire safety.Participate in the orientation of staff.Responsible for interpretation, in-service education, implementation and compliance with OSHA guideline to assure minimal exposure for patients, staff, physicians and visitors.
- Participates in developing standardized patient education programs as requested.
- Demonstrates continued competence in assessing, treating, and caring for individuals based on age-specific needs utilizing developmental perspective.
- Displays an understanding of each patient's cognitive, physical, emotional and chronological maturity in the assessment, treatment and care undertaken.
- Appropriately modifies approach to the patient based upon patient age utilizing a developmental perspective.
- Provides appropriate interventions related to safety issues.
- Participates in the monitoring and evaluation of nursing care provided.
- Demonstrates ability to coordinate the nursing care provided in the facility.
- Assigns patient care responsibilities based on patient needs and abilities of staff.
- Demonstrates appropriate knowledge and competence of designated skills identified for position.
- Supervises the smooth functioning of the center.
- Assigns personnel according to clinical competence.
- Assumes charge of cardiopulmonary emergency situations until physician arrives.
- Interprets facility policies for personnel.
- Supervises center personnel to assure maximum productivity and quality of patient care.
- Staffing patterns are utilized.
- Assists in the evaluations of assigned staff.
- Position Requirements:
- Utilizes time effectively.
- Completes all documentation to ensure the availability of accurate and up to date information in accordance with established standards.
- Adheres to established surgery center safety requirements and procedures to ensure a safe working environment.
- Demonstrates the competent usage of proper body mechanics in all activities.
- Identifies potentially unsafe situations and notifies supervisor.
- Completes all employee/patient incident documentation in a thorough and timely manner, as required by policy.
- Demonstrates complete understanding of established emergency procedures for facility.
- Practices infection control and standard precautions as instructed or trained.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Licenses or Certifications:
- Current registered nurse state license,
- Successful completion of Basic Cardiac Life Support Course. ACLS certification is desired.
Total Education, Vocational Training and Experience: Has successfully completed the program at an accredited school of nursing. Experience in ambulatory surgery nursing, at least two (2) to five (5) years of nursing and management experience in a hospital or ambulatory surgery center is desired.
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to correlate clinical data with patient's medical and nursing care.
• Ability to set priorities.
• Ability to provide direction to others that is clear, concise and promotes efficiency through out the clinical areas of the facility.
• Ability to communicate well with patients, families, co-workers, etc.
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
#RegisteredNurse #HealthcareJobs #NurseJobs #MedicalJobs #Healthcare #NurseLife #RNJobs #Health #SCA #SurgicalCareAffiliates #ASC #AmbulatorySurgeryCenter
Surgical Care Affiliates