Clinical Informatics Analyst
Surgical Care Affiliates Irving, TX
- Expired: June 15, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Surgical Care Affiliates (SCA) is transforming specialty care in our communities. We relentlessly create value by aligning physicians, health plans and health systems around a common goal: delivering exceptional care and healing to our patients and communities we serve. We are driven to achieve the quadruple aim in health care: high quality outcomes and a better experience for patients and providers, all at a lower total cost of care. As a national leader in surgical care, SCA's 10,000 teammates operate more than 250 surgical facilities that serve nearly 1 million patients per year. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.
Why join SCA? Consider the following fantastic benefits...
Positive work culture
Career growth opportunities
Comprehensive medical, vision and dental insurance - eligible on Day 1 of employment
Paid time off plus 8 paid holidays
Employer-paid life and short- and long-term disability insurance
Excellent 401(k) PlanAccountabilities / Responsibilities
The Clinical Analyst is responsible for engaging with members of the Clinical Services department and organizational stakeholders in reviewing key program data pertaining, but not limited to, patient outcomes, clinical performance, and key service delivery data, to guide care delivery, collaborate on product needs and support report creation/development. The Clinical Analyst will assist in guiding programs related to the quadruple aim (cost, quality, patient experience, physician experience) and will be responsible for the integration and analysis of data derived from multiple data sources. Additionally, the Clinical Analyst will consistently demonstrate the ability to effectively integrate, interpret, and present outcomes from data sources that are accurate, actionable, and relevant to internal teams and clients.
- Develop predictive models based on demographic, psychographic, econometric and statistical data that deliver insights related to clinical performance.
- Support senior analytic team members with development, implementation, and maintenance of operational reports and dashboards - ensuring resources are accurate, up-to-date, and can be analyzed to reveal critical insights applicable to strategic initiatives.
- Solicits and incorporates input from peers, customers, and management for process improvements.
- Applies knowledge of new trends in healthcare which may involve data management and analytics.
- Adheres to quality standards and procedures based on National standards. Reviews quality assurance documentation and checks compliance. Reviews current literature and attends training sessions or seminars to keep informed of new developments in the field.
- Work with Clinical Services and other disciplines in collecting, recording and analyzing clinical data pertaining to quality measures and performance improvement for the ASC and surgical hospital settings.
- Creates dashboards of performance indicators as well as prepare reports as directed by department and/or organizational leaders.
- Extract critical and pertinent information from the data sets that help the stakeholders understand optimal outcomes.
- Create predictive models for clinically related indicators, leveraging AI and leading machine learning capabilities. Predictive models will span multiple business units, projects and data sources.
- Utilize advanced text analytics tools and marketing research to enhance the impact of analytic models and to uncover new findings.
- Uncover stories and themes and concisely present findings in a digestible manner.
- Assists in developing insightful communications to share with clients and internal/external stakeholders.
- Effectively process and integrate primary and/or secondary data sources using database warehouse and visual applications.
- Absorb new concepts, technical frameworks, programming paradigms while employing them creatively to solve complex analytical problems.
- Develop effective quality control processes to ensure data integrity.
- Possess the aptitude to quickly learn software platforms such as MS SQL Server, Tableau, and other BI tools.
- Upholds and practices the principles and policies of the SCA Compliance program.
- Builds strong relationships with leadership, customers, and peers. Communicates appropriately and effectively with stakeholders, customers and supervisors, maintaining awareness of any issues, potential delays, and any situation of concern that may affect the productivity of supported programs, processes and systems.
- Present findings and make recommendations that help set strategic direction and drive decision making to senior leaders across the organization.
- Trains customers and staff and assists other Analytics areas. Completes documentation for all phases of program implementation and analytics development cycle. Effectively prepares and presents documentation.
- Champions innovation and change across the organization
- Bachelor's degree in in Nursing preferred
- Background in nursing required
- Advanced level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Certification in nursing informatics and/or education related to informatics
- Experience with Tableau Desktop or similar visual analytics platform preferred
- Experience with technology collaboration products, preferable Office365 and SharePoint, a plus
- 3+ years of ASC or surgical hospital experience required
- 3+ years of informatics experience
Surgical Care Affiliates
HealthcareView all jobs at Surgical Care Affiliates