Surgical Care Affiliates is hiring to add a Charge Nurse - PreOp/PACU to our Spartanburg Surgery Center due to increase volume. Our center boasts 4 Operating Rooms, 2 Procedure Rooms, and averages approximately 700 cases per month which are a mix of Spine, Total Joints, Urology, and a variety of Orthopedic procedures. Our multi-specialty center is a fantastic place to work and build your career!
More great reasons to join our team:
- Generous Paid Time Off including 8 paid holidays
- Maternity/paternity /adoption benefits
- Comprehensive medical, vision and dental insurance
- Employer-paid life and short and long term disability insurance
- Excellent 401(k) Plan
- No holidays, weekends, nights or call
This position is accountable and responsible for planning, organizing, managing and coordinating the operations and nursing staff for the PreOp and PACU areas in the surgery center. Ensure patient needs are met in accordance with instructions of physician and facility administrative procedures. Coordinates activities routinely as appropriate with the Director of Nursing, Medical Director and the Quality Committee(s).
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively organizes time, equipment, supplies, and personnel.
- Uses equipment effectively by anticipating patient needs and providing appropriate care.
- Confirms that proper techniques and procedures are used according to accepted Standards of Practice and organizational policies and procedures.
- Assists with the ordering, receiving, and storage of supplies.
- Maintains order and cleanliness of the intra-operative area.
- Maintains surgical services as assigned, in accordance with written policies and in compliance with various regulatory and accrediting agencies and is responsible for quality patient care.
- Assists with the development and monitoring of the standards of assigned areas pertaining to the operating room, sterilization and decontamination, and corresponding ancillary areas.
- Responsible for efficient and effective patient care and quality improvement.
- Helps in determining goals for assigned area and effectively manages resources to achieve the goals.
- Maintains a collegial relationship with physicians to ensure quality patient care.
- At the direction of the Director of Nursing, maintains an adequate inventory for assigned area, including but not limited to, equipment and supplies.
- Assists in recruitment, selection, training, supervision, and retention of operating room/corresponding ancillary area employees.
- Assists with staffing assigned area and performing daily operational processes.
- Associates or Bachelor's degree in Nursing-graduate of an accredited Nursing program
- Management or leadership experience required
- Experience in Preop and PACU required
- SC RN License required
- BLS, ACLS and PALS certified (or willing to be certified within 6 months of hire)
- ASC or hospital experience necessary
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
#DP #RegisteredNurse #HealthcareJobs #NurseJobs #MedicalJobs #Healthcare #NurseLife #RNJobs #Health #SCA #SurgicalCareAffiliates #ASC #AmbulatorySurgeryCenter
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.
Surgical Care Affiliates