SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.Accountabilities / Responsibilities
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Charge Nurse is responsible for all aspects of nursing care delivery. The Charge Nurse is also responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and coordinating patient care from admission to discharge.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains surgical services as assigned, in accordance with written policies and in compliance with various regulatory and accrediting agencies and is responsible for quality patient care.
- Assists with the development and monitoring of the standards of assigned areas pertaining to the operating room, sterilization and decontamination, and corresponding ancillary areas.
- Responsible for efficient and effective patient care and quality improvement.
- Helps in determining goals for assigned area and effectively manages resources to achieve the goals.
- Maintains a collegial relationship with physicians to ensure quality patient care.
- At the direction of the Director of Nursing, maintains an adequate inventory for assigned area, including but not limited to, equipment and supplies.
- Assists in recruitment, selection, training, supervision, and retention of operating room/corresponding ancillary area employees.
- Assists with staffing assigned area and performing daily operational processes.
- Responsible for fostering an environment that promotes staff growth and development.
- Supervises and adheres to Surgery Center policies, procedures, and safety programs.
- Exhibits competency in performing all functions of assigned area or duties.
- Responsible for other functions as assigned by the Director of Nursing and/or the Administrator.
Education, Experience and Licensure:
Has successfully completed the program at an accredited school of nursing with a current state nursing license. Experience in ambulatory surgery nursing, at least two (2) to five (5) years of nursing and management experience in a hospital or ambulatory surgery center is desired. Successful completion of Basic Life Support (BLS)/Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) within 90 days of employment or documentation of current BLS/BCLS certification.
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Surgical Care Affiliates