Charge Nurse (FT) - AAMC Pasadena SC
Surgical Care Affiliates Pasadena, MD
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
# of Openings: 1
Category: Registered Nurse
System ID: 15562
Surgical Care Affiliates (SCA) is transforming specialty care in our communities. We relentlessly create value by aligning physicians, health plans and health systems around a common goal: delivering exceptional care and healing to our patients and communities we serve. We are driven to achieve the quadruple aim in health care: high quality outcomes and a better experience for patients and providers, all at a lower total cost of care. As a national leader in surgical care, SCA's 10,000 teammates operate more than 250 surgical facilities that serve nearly 1 million patients per year. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.
Why join SCA? Consider the following fantastic benefits...
• Positive work culture
• Career growth opportunities
• Comprehensive medical, vision and dental insurance - eligible on Day 1 of employment
• Paid time off plus 8 paid holidays
• Maternity/paternity/adoption benefits
• Employer-paid life and short- and long-term disability insurance
• Excellent 401(k) Plan
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
The Charge Nurse supervises and supports a nursing staff, while also treating a limited number of patients. They are responsible for maintaining a high level of patient care, evaluating other nurses and acting as an educational resource for nurses.
- Charge nurse is required to be an experienced registered nurse who will display leadership, management and communication skills. They are responsible for managing, supervising and assisting the nursing staff in the operating room, as well as providing administrative support and patient care.
- Regular duties include directing the admission, discharge and general flow of patients into the operating room and assigning nurses and support staff to patients/rooms. While daily goals must be met, effective charge nurses are flexible and able to prioritize and adapt during emergencies.
- Charge nurse will provide guidance on administering care to new patients or those with special needs and answer questions regarding operating room protocol. They frequently work with other nurses and patients to create a plan of care that is individualized to a patient's needs. Charge nurse will develop and implement training courses and organize needs assessment to help educate and train new nurses and staff.
Administrative Duties and Responsibilities
- Aside from managerial responsibilities, charge nurses perform administrative duties including creating schedules, maintaining adequate supplies and informing staff of changes to protocol. In some settings, charge nurses plan budgets for the nursing staff.
Nursing Duties and Responsibilities
- While most duties and responsibilities are managerial and administrative, charge nurses also provide patient care. Although the number of patients and relative difficulty of each case may vary depending on the schedule. Other duties will include circulating a surgical room.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Are in complete alignment with our core values
- To promote the highest standards of clinical nursing care
- To lead, manage and supervise the work of the Staff Nurses
- To provide person centered nursing care to residents which enables them to enjoy a valued life
- Complete one to one supervision sessions and Appraisals for Staff Nurses
- To maintain good working relationships with the nursing and care team, attend staff meetings and encourage input from whole team on improvements to the care home service
- Ensure effective assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patient care through the development of written care plans
- To maintain correctly written records as required by the company and the regulatory bodies
- To communicate all requests and changes of practice to all relevant personnel
- To assume named nurse/link nurse responsibilities
- To report any injuries, disease and dangerous practice to all relevant personnel
- To challenge poor practice and provide guidance for improving practice.
- Dealing with matters arising in the team with a view to settlement as opposed to escalation - if necessary, involve HR department for support and advice
- Ensuring that all staff comply with the organization's policies and procedures including Health and Safety and Fire Regulations
- Ensuring that the service complies with regulatory requirements e.g. Control of Infection
- Attending staff meetings internally as required
- Maintaining sound working relationships with staff in regulatory bodies and other relevant organizations
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
- Current license to practice professional nursing in the State required
- BLS for Healthcare Providers required
- PALS/ACLS (this can be obtained)
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Physically demanding, high-stress environment
- Exposure to blood and body fluids, communicable diseases, chemicals, radiation, and repetitive motions
- Pushing and pulling heavy objects
- Full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients and equipment
- Manual and finger dexterity
- Hand eye coordination
- Standing and walking for extensive periods of time
- Lifting and carrying items weighing up to 50 lbs
- Corrected vision and hearing to within normal range
- Working irregular hours
As a representative of Surgical Care Affiliates, all comments, attitudes, actions, and behaviors have a direct impact on the Facility's success. Interaction with patients, families, physicians, referral sources, affiliated schools, visitors, volunteers, co-workers, supervisors, vendors, etc. must be in a manner that is friendly, supportive, courteous, respectful, cooperative, and professional. This behavior should promote an atmosphere of teamwork, a culture of safety, and in accordance with SCA Core Values.
Surgical Care Affiliates
HealthcareView all jobs at Surgical Care Affiliates