SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.
Greensboro Specialty Surgical Center is a multi-specialty facility that performs outpatient procedures. The facility operates Monday-Friday from 7:00 am. to 5:00 pm.
The Registered Radiology Technician is responsible for the administration of ionizing radiation to patients for diagnostic purposes.
- Delivers safe patient care as directed by the RN and according to facility policy and procedure
- Demonstrates ability to respond to patient care and unit needs in an emergency situation
- Utilizes safe practices
- Demonstrates appropriate knowledge and competence of designated skills identified for position. Seeks out knowledge to provide appropriate care.
- Operates imaging equipment and performs diagnostic x-rays on patients as ordered by physician utilizing proper positioning
- Applies principles of radiation protection
- Evaluates radiographs for technical quality
- Participates in the Performance Improvement process and activities including the areas of safety, infection control, physician satisfaction, documentation, compliance with OSHA standards and risk management
- Ensures radiation -monitoring devices are used at all times
- Monitors results of monitoring devices
- Provides staff education as needed
Licenses or Certificates:
- Current registration /certification with ARRT
- Current BLS
Education, Vocational Training, and Experience
- Graduation from an accredited School of Radiologic Technology
- 2 years experience as a Radiology Technician preferred
Please click HERE to apply.