Business Office Representative Clerk (FT) - Ophthalmology Surgery Center
Surgical Care Affiliates Dallas, TX
- Expired: May 10, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Ophthalmology Surgery Center is currently seeking a Business Office Representative.
Ophthalmology Surgery Center of Dallas opened in 2010 and features eight operating rooms specializing in ophthalmology. Averaging 1100 cases a month we thrive on excellent patient care and efficiency. We received AAAHC commended status in 2014 and are the second busiest surgery center in the nation according to CMS data. Ophthalmology Surgery Center of Dallas is located in North Dallas off of Central Expressway near Royal lane.
- Generous Paid Time Off including 8 paid holidays
- Comprehensive medical, vision and dental insurance - BEGINS ON DAY 1 OF EMPLOYMENT
- Employer-paid life and short and long term disability insurance
- Optional employee-paid insurances
- Excellent 401(k) Plan
- Employee appreciation - paid time off for birthdays, shift differential after 4 pm, lunches for the employees, recognition and employee appreication gifts
Provide support to the facility by performing specific or various business office functions as assigned. These functions are to include (but not limited to): Medical Records, Credentialing, Admissions/Intake, Accounts Payable, Billing, Collections, Insurance Verification, Transaction, Posting, Clinical Logs and other duties as assigned.
- Schedules surgeries in surgery template in the computer, along with pertinent information and handles calls from physician's office in regard to information on scheduling patients at the surgery center, scheduling surgeries or any calls associated with surgery scheduled.
- Answers phone in a pleasant manner and deals with physician offices and patient's needs expeditiously. Takes messages and transfers calls to other departments when necessary.
- Does pre-registration and makes sure that authorization is obtained from the physician's office prior to surgery scheduled. Completes necessary paperwork for registration and uses computer system to generate information for surgical/special procedure.
- Maintains log for cancelled appointments.
- Performs various clerical duties such as photocopying forms, reports, patient information, mailing surveys, preparing patient charts, faxing forms and retrieving faxes as needed.
- Maintains clean and orderly surgery scheduling area.
- All scheduled cases are verified as soon as possible.
- Patients with a financial responsibility are contacted immediately and informed of the center's payment policies as well as offered payment options if necessary.
- All insurance verification and patient calls are clearly documented in the patient's account.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Associate degree or equivalent preferred
- Minimum three years of experience in health care and minimum of one-year experience in surgery scheduling procedures preferred.
- The successful candidate must have the ability to work independently as well as function within a team
- Have a basic knowledge of surgery scheduling, receptionist and registration responsibilities; and must possess the ability to handle stress.
- The candidate must be flexible with hours and be able to work which ever shift is to be covered.
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
#SCA #SurgicalCareAffiliatesSkills Required
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.
Surgical Care Affiliates
BusinessView all jobs at Surgical Care Affiliates