SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.
Texas Health Surgery Center Irving is an Ambulatory Surgery Center located in Irving, Texas. The center is a joint venture partnership with Precision Orthopedics, SCA and Texas Health Resources. The newly renovated facility is located on the second floor of a medical office building shared with Precision Orthopedics. The facility performs orthopedic and pain management procedures in 2 Operating Rooms and 1 Procedure Room. Hours operation are Monday through Friday.
The Admissions Clerk/Medical Records Clerk supports the facility by greeting patients/visitors, maintaining appearance of the lobby, answering switchboard, and acting as a resource for facility. Registers patients on the day of surgery and organizes medical records in a timely manner and in compliance with regulatory and accrediting agencies, as well as state and federal laws. The Medical Record Clerk ensures completeness of the record by auditing charts and completing a medical records checklist. Medical Records Clerk handles the storage and retention of charts, responds to requests for medical record, copies and maintains medical record tracking log. The Medical Records Clerk will function within the Center's policies and procedures, support SCA Values, SCA Vision and SCA Mission.
- Supports the facility by greeting patients/visitors, maintaining appearance of the lobby and front desk area, answer all incoming calls to facility and acts as a resource for facility.
- Registers patients on the day of surgery, accept and record patient cost share payments and performs other medical office functions.
- Must be self-directed and able to work independently.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Verify patient identity, financial, demographic and insurance information.
- Maintain efficient and orderly filing system for both completed and incomplete records.
- Quickly and efficiently request and obtain medical records
- Follow-up with outstanding records
- Manage records and client information with the highest level of confidentiality
- Ensure complete and accurate data entry
- High school diploma or equivalent; one to five years' or more experience in a medical office, hospital, outpatient surgery center or related field preferred; Computer experience, Excel, Word, Medical Billing Software and Applications; Working knowledge of Medical Terminology and basic knowledge of Insurances.
- Warm, friendly personality with a commitment to treat patients with compassion and respect.
- Versatile and willing to coordinate with and participate in, when necessary, all other aspects of the Business Office.
- Ability to interact in a positive manner and to communicate well with patients, families, co-workers, physicians, supervisor, and other facility teammates.
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.