Join Our Amazing Team! Surgical Care Affiliates has an Accounts Receivable Representative opportunity within our Revenue Cycle Group, and we'd love to hear from you! If you are interested in becoming part of an organization that is helping to improve healthcare, then SCA is the place for you. Your skills in patient satisfaction, insurance verification, medical billing, accounts receivable and accounts payable are exactly what we are looking for!
- Competitive salary
- Quarterly bonuses
- Exceptional benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401K) that begin the first day of employment
- Positive, friendly environment
The "Medical Insurance Collections- Accounts Receivable Representative" will work in the Accounts Receivable, or A/R department, within our regional business office and will be responsible for thorough and timely patient account follow up to ensure accurate accounts receivable reporting; following up with insurance companies and/or third party payers to ensure payments by primary and secondary payers and/or self-pay patients are accurate and timely. This role is a vital position in the revenue cycle process. The 'A/R Rep' will function within the Center's policies and procedures, support SCA Values, SCA Vision and SCA Mission. In return, we offer a great benefits package including health and dental insurance options, PTO, 401K, and more. All of which begin on your first day of employment.
- Ensure payments by primary and secondary payers and/or self-pay patients are accurate
- Responsible for thorough and timely patient account follow up to ensure accurate accounts receivable reporting
- Accurate and timely follow up and resolution for all accounts receivable.
- Meeting and maintaining cash collection metrics and goals
- Effectively and independently handles second level reimbursement issues, contracted and non-contracted denials for serviced before and after procedures
- This is a fast-paced environment, which requires attention to detail, accountability, teamwork, and professional behavior and a focus that extends to patients, clients and other departments.
- Works closely with payer provider relations representatives
- Contacting insurance companies by email and/or phone to collect payments
- Handles contracted and non-contracted; HMO, PPO, EPO, POS, Worker's Com., self-pay and third-party reimbursement issues.
- Works all denials and corrected claims collaborating with the biller and/or Business Office Manager, insurance payers and/or patients on past due accounts
- Primary functions are credit balance management, patient balance resolution and non-patient (insurance) resolution
- Work closely with insurance companies and third-party payers to collect revenue for surgical services performed.
- This role is primarily focused on collecting payments from insurance companies as opposed from collecting from self-payers/individuals.
Requirements for our roles:
- Bachelor's degree preferred but not required
- Denials experience a must
- Must be experienced with appeals
- Familiarity with reading medical policies from payers
- EOB familiarity
- Healthcare experience a must
- Local or within driving distance
Apply today and, if qualified, someone will reach out to discuss our amazing opportunities with you!
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 200 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 3,000 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.
Our team members enjoy the following perks: