Accounts Receivable Representative (FT) - KU Indian Creek Campus
Surgical Care Affiliates Overland Park, KS
- Posted: August 20, 2021
# of Openings: 1
System ID: 16933
Group Name: Pioneer
Surgical Care Affiliates (SCA) is transforming specialty care in our communities. We relentlessly create value by aligning physicians, health plans and health systems around a common goal: delivering exceptional care and healing to our patients and communities we serve. We are driven to achieve the quadruple aim in health care: high quality outcomes and a better experience for patients and providers, all at a lower total cost of care. As a national leader in surgical care, SCA's 10,000 teammates operate more than 250 surgical facilities that serve nearly 1 million patients per year. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.
Why join SCA? Consider the following fantastic benefits...
- Positive work culture
- Career growth opportunities
- Comprehensive medical, vision and dental insurance - eligible on Day 1 of employment
- Paid time off plus 8 paid holidays
- Maternity/paternity/adoption benefits
- Employer-paid life and short- and long-term disability insurance
- Excellent 401(k) Plan
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
Specifically, you will work in the Accounts Receivable, or A/R department, within our regional business office and will be responsible for thorough and timely patient account follow up to ensure accurate accounts receivable reporting; following up with insurance companies and/or third party payers to ensure payments by primary and secondary payers and/or self-pay patients are accurate and timely. You will:
- Work closely with insurance companies and third-party payers to collect revenue for surgical services performed.
- This role is primarily focused on collecting payments from insurance companies as opposed from collecting from self-payers/individuals.
- Works closely with payer provider relations representatives
- Contacting insurance companies by email and/or phone to collect payments
- Handles contracted and non-contracted; HMO, PPO, EPO, POS, Worker's Com., self-pay and third-party reimbursement issues.
- Works all denials and corrected claims collaborating with the biller and/or Business Office Manager, insurance payers and/or patients on past due accounts
- Primary functions are credit balance management, patient balance resolution and non-patient (insurance) resolution
- Ensure payments by primary and secondary payers and/or self-pay patients are accurate
- Responsible for thorough and timely patient account follow up to ensure accurate accounts receivable reporting
- Accurate and timely follow up and resolution for all accounts receivable.
- Meeting and maintaining cash collection metrics and goals
- Effectively and independently handles second level reimbursement issues, contracted and non-contracted denials for serviced before and after procedures
This is a fast-paced environment, which requires attention to detail, accountability, teamwork, and professional behavior and a focus that extends to patients, clients and other departments.
- One or more years' experience in a related position working in a medical office, hospital, outpatient surgery center or related field with core duties related to medical insurance collections, billing, accounts receivable, A/R, collecting payments, collecting re-imbursements, or related training/certificates/diplomas
- In lieu of on-the-job experience--- new or recent college and university graduates with a desire to work in a challenging position within the healthcare industry that have completed an Associate's Degree or Bachelor's Degree will be considered
- Knowledge of MS Office including Excel and Word
- High school diploma, GED, related certificate/diploma of related training or Associate's Degree or Bachelor's Degree
- Ideally two or more years' experience working specifically into medical insurance collections, billing, accounts receivable, A/R, collecting payments, collecting re-imbursements from payer organizations or from the insurance company side
- Experience with Medical Billing Software and Applications
- Possess basic knowledge of medical terminology and health insurance billing.
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Customer service and patient service focus
- Ability to multi-task, think critically, and solve problems
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Surgical Care Affiliates
AddressOverland Park, KS
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Surgical Care Affiliates