Medical Receptionist - Check Out
Surgical Associates of West Florida Safety Harbor, FL
- Posted: 27 days ago
- $13 to $16 Hourly
- Benefits: medical, vision, 401k, dental, life insurance
1. Follows opening and closing procedures according to office guidelines.
2. Greets patients in polite, prompt, helpful manner and provides any necessary
3. Obtains and enters new patient demographics; updates patient information, as necessary, in the
computer system to maintain accuracy for billing.
4. Collects all co-pays and balances, as required by office policies. Understands and can apply
payments to balances.
5. Schedule appointments for Cat Scans, MRI’s, and Mammograms.
6. Order Lab work and X-rays.
7. Applies billing codes accurately at check out.
8. Schedules return appointments at check out.
9. Balances total receipts at the end of the day.
10. Files charts, demographic forms, HIPAA Acknowledgement forms, etc.
11. Assists with answering the phone during lunch hour, transferring to appropriate staff.
12. Assists the call center as needed during the day.
13. Attends monthly staff meetings as required.
14. Conducts self in accordance with HPA’s employee manual.
15. Maintains strictest confidentiality; adheres to all HIPAA guidelines/
16. Other related duties as assigned.
High school graduation or GED
1. Word processing and computer experience.
2. Medical terminology helpful.
3. Minimum of one-year work experience in customer service.
4. Must be organized and detail-oriented.
5. Some traveling required
Surgical Associates of West FloridaWhy Work Here?
Working with amazing surgeons that have been in business over 20 years. Have an excellent benefit package with matching 401K.
1840 Mease Dr #301Safety Harbor, FL
HealthcareView all jobs at Surgical Associates of West Florida