As a leader in the staffing, recruiting and business services industries, SURGE Staffing is dedicated to connecting great employees with great companies.
The Business Development Manager is responsible for identifying, prospecting and securing business opportunities to support new revenue growth.
Primary Functions & Responsibilities:
- Will work as a Staffing Specialist for 2-4 weeks to understand our processes, the business and the client before stepping into this role.
- Develop account sales plans/approaches with Manager on a minimum of 30 target accounts
- Identify prospects and develop sales strategies to secure new business. This may include sales calls, competitive analysis, coordination of presentations and proposals, in-office demonstrations, direct mail campaigns,and follow up activity
- Conduct prospect, active and inactive account sales calls independently and jointly with branch office staff and management as prioritized by Manager
- Functions as lead and primary sales resource on identified target accounts and is responsible for creating the account plan
- Responsible for coordinating the approach and communication strategy of new and reactivated client accounts to responsible branch office(s)
- Partners with local staffing offices and corporate staff to enhance/supplement product knowledge needed to close the sale as well as implement the product solution
- Establish contacts in the business community including active participation in local networking events to increase brand recognition and awareness.
Preferred skills and requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent work experience in related fields, some college coursework preferred but not required
- Previous sales experience with a focus in consultative and solution-oriented sales approaches, preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Internet services
- Ability to travel to various locations and customer sites as needed; reliable transportation a must
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently independently, as well as, in a group setting
- Sales-minded, team-oriented and exceptionally calm under pressure
- Proven functionality and success in a fast-paced, highly competitive, deadline-oriented working environment
- Self-motivated with exhibited sense of urgency in all sales and service related activity
- Exceptional communication, presentation, follow-up, negotiation, and closing skills
- B2B sales and cold calling experience is preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer
Surge is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,disability, age, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by law. Surge is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, contact Human Resources at 614-388-0403.
Why Work Here?As a Leader in staffing and workforce solutions for the modern day business, the Surge Staffing is a professional staffing and solutions firm specializing in temporary staffing, permanent placement and workforce management.
Bonuses, compatible pay, benefits and room for growth!!!