Surf's Up South Loop Chicago, IL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are seeking a Kitchen Manager to join our team!
Supervises entire scope of Kitchen Operations. Develops and executes menus, trains, supervises and motivates the kitchen team. Supervises entire cycle of food ordering methods, deliveries, inventory, production, menu creation, creativity, developing new ideas and concepts, presentation, safety systems, catering event execution, unit cleanliness systems, and willingness to be a team player within our company. You will directly supervise and coordinate activities of workers engaged in preparing and serving food.
- Train and supervise team to maintain high standards of excellence in all areas.
- Provide leadership and direction to the Kitchen Team, ensuring all food items are prepared within all food safety guidelines and with the highest quality possible.
- Perform all opening and closing duties including equipment and store room temperatures, calibrating thermometers and advance planning for next business day.
- Consistently guide staff to be more productive and efficient.
- Plan properly for upcoming menus and catering - including ordering, thawing and all advance preparation, utilizing leftovers and fresh ingredients.
- Create and post weekly schedule based on catering needs, sales trends and budget.
- Follow recipes and use correct portion sizes when cooking food; tasting foods to ensure quality.
- Monitor and maintain proper inventory for operation and menus.
- Assist with Monthly Inventory, occasionally being available to puck-up inventory.
- Maintain production records for all foods prepared and leftovers being used.
- Assist and supervise overall sanitation and organization of kitchen.
- Communicate effectively with team members, management, faculty and staff as needed.
- Perform a position at lunch rush, serving, cashiering or prepping.
- Follow HACCP guidelines to ensure safe food practices.
- Report for scheduled shifts on time and in complete uniform
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Oversee the daily operation of food service staff
- Monitor quality of products and services produced
- Maintain health standards for raw and finished products
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent work experience
- Minimum three years’ experience
- Ability to perform simple arithmetic as well as to understand measurements and conversions
- Responsible for meeting and maintaining state and local certification requirements (Food Handler certification)
- Basic computer skills
- Previous experience in the food service industry
- Previous supervisory experience, minimum of 2 years
- Knowledge of common food safety practices
- Strong leadership qualities
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and communication skills
Surf's Up South LoopWhy Work Here?
Come work in an upbeat environment, where the food, service, and staff are superb.
Surf's Up is a growing company specializing in Chicken and Fish and various types of comfort foods. We also offer comfort food, seafood, healthy options and more.
2537 S. Wabash Ave. Chicago IL 60616Chicago, IL