- $21 to $25 Hourly
Surfaceworks is a well established residential, commercial and post-construction cleaning company in the Greater Boston area. We have been in business for 36 years. We want experienced and reliable people. All transportation to jobs is provided.
Job Summary: This is an onsite, field supervisory role that requires tenacity, leadership experience, and dedication. Supervisors are required to be responsible for themselves, their team, their client and each of their projects.
We are currently looking for a full time (4-5 days) or part time (2-3 days) commercial cleaner/supervisor. You will be cleaning about 80% of the time and supervising about 20%. Most of the work will be in the post-construction division. That may expand to other commercial cleaning/janitorial work.
The position starts at $21-$25 per hour depending on experience, and other skills. This rate also applies to driving to and from jobs. Our supervisors some weeks reach over 40 hours and are into overtime rates. Paid vacation time & holidays off also will be offered after 3 months of service as well as regular performance bonus incentives. This includes a $300 signing bonus after 3 months of service.
Excellent growth and advancement potential.
- The position is to clean and supervise your team at residential or commercial construction sites.
- We provide professional training out in the field.
- Days begin at 7am in our Watertown office.
- Limited nights and weekends.
- As we expand our commercial cleaning division there may be some evening work
- We provide all equipment and supplies.
- Company vehicle for jobs and uniforms provided!
- Daily on site planning and management of cleaning projects ensuring scope of work is completed within budgeted hours.
- Motivate and lead staff through timely and effective completion of jobs meeting our high standards of quality work.
- Completing on site cleaning themselves
- Loading and unloading transportation with supplies needed to complete tasks
- Filling out detailed and daily paperwork describing work accomplished and accounting for staff hours and personal hours
- Driving to and from sites safely, transporting their crew and sometimes dropping off and picking up others.
- Working at efficient rates as set by management to ensure work is done in the required time while achieving the thoroughness and quality of work needed.
- Notifying direct supervisor or management when problems arise on project i.e. going over on hours, safety issues, employee issues
- Have an eye for detail. Leave project sites looking great!
- Additional management duties depending on experience
This work can be very rewarding for those who take pride in a job well done, like to help people and like to keep moving. We have a great team and are looking to add more supervisor/cleaners with great attitudes and dependability.
- Be over 18 years old.
- Take pride in their work & have excellent work ethic.
- Valid driver's license with good record
- Must have at least one year Supervisory experience and 2+ years overall cleaning experience. Janitorial or post-construction experience is preferred. Window Cleaning, Strip & Wax and Carpet Cleaning Experience a plus!
- Be reliable, hard working, detail-oriented, and a team player .
- Must be consistently on time, dependable and have a positive can-do attitude!
- Must have effective communication skills, leadership ability and excellent problem solving skills.
- Must speak and understand English. Bilingual (English and Spanish (or Portuguese)-preferred
- Great customer service and interpersonal skills
- Must be willing to learn and desire to grow among the company.
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.