Sales Manager - Soil Stabilization
This position will serve as a key leader contributing to the orders pipeline expansion and profitable growth of our soils stabilization service line. Sales responsibilities include identifying, qualifying and closing soil stabilization business opportunities within new and existing clients across our target private sector markets & geographies. Key metrics include profitable share expansion, price, bookings and backlog growth.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Maintains effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, sub-contractors, customers, and vendors ensuring a strong and consistent pipeline of profitable sales revenue exists.
- Acts as a close partner to the Company’s Project Managers/Estimators to ensure bid packages and the management of customer jobs are delivered according to customer expectations.
- Identify and build strong relationships with decision makers within the private markets while concurrently winning public construction sector opportunities including contractors, developers, agencies, and suppliers.
- Create new client opportunities & expand existing client wallet share within the energy sector (wind/solar farms, decommissioning of power plants and oil/gas).
- Create new client opportunities & expand existing client wallet share within site development projects (new distribution warehouses, new big box stores, large land development projects, etc.).
- Gain a deep understanding of the Company’s current and prospective customer base, target markets, service offerings, pricing models and sales strategy.
- Utilize knowledge of our service and material offerings to educate customers and prospects and guide them towards the maximum value add solution for their needs.
- Exhibit an ongoing commitment to quality by evaluating processes, recommending improvements and implementing changes to continually meet and exceed client expectations.
- Partner with the director of marketing to build effective lead generation strategies.
- Attend trade shows to represent the organization, strengthen relationships, and generate & close leads.
- Stay abreast of market conditions, competitor pricing, economic conditions (including supply chain) and other macro factors.
- Grow, maintain and update CRM pipeline; leverage system to assess engagements, prospects and related sales opportunities.
- Partner with Estimators in the preparation and distribution of quote packages to clients; ensure such packages are aligned with customer needs/expectations and achieves maximum profitability potential.
- Visit local job sites as needed and effectively interact and communicate with contractors, customers, etc.
- As requested, participate in the review of contracts and project challenges/conflicts and provide recommendations for consideration/resolution.
- Work closely with the Executive Team to continually analyze the sales process in an effort to refine and improve its success.
- Strive to achieve the highest levels of customer satisfaction with all customer interactions.
- Travel as required of position.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering, or comparable field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5+ years sales experience required; specific experience in soil stabilization, material sales, construction, or similar field preferred.
- Excellent networking and relationship building skills coupled with a deep network of relevant contacts within the industry is a must.
- Knowledge of commercial and risk terms and conditions
- Highly organized with extensive detail orientation.
- Strong sales acumen and proven sales performance track record.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) coupled with ability to communicate with a wide variety of people and backgrounds.
- Demonstrated proficiency with analyzing data.
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to identify differentiating competitor/market factors.
- Proficient technical skills including Microsoft Office and CRM applications.
- Valid driver license with satisfactory MVR.
- Maintain ability to travel extensively including overnight travel.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Works in an indoor office relatively free from environmental conditions or hazards.
- Use of office equipment and computers.
- Occasional lifting of supplies and materials from time to time.
- Positions in this class typically include extended sedentary periods, talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, movement and repetitive motions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job responsibility satisfactorily. This job description is not to be construed as all inclusive. Employees may be required to perform any other job-related task as requested. Reasonable accommodations may be considered and implemented to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential functions.
It is the policy of this Company to assure that applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to their race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, national origin, age or disability. Such action shall include: employment, upgrading, demotion, or transfer; recruitment or recruitment advertising; layoff or termination; rates of pay or other forms of compensation; and selection for training, including apprenticeship, pre-apprenticeship, and/or on-the-job training.
Surface CycleBroomfield, CO
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.