The Warehouse Worker provides efficient movement of products within the warehouse by stocking product, assembling orders, loading trucks, maintaining warehouse organization and other related projects as needed. Order Pickers are required to operate standing pallet jacks and utilize voice-pick system to identify and pull product; stack it onto pallets; and prepare it for loading and delivery. The work schedule for this position runs Sunday through Thursday. Shifts starts at 3PM and continues until all orders have been pulled and loaded for the following day's delivery. Time worked typically ranges between 9 and 11 hours per night but may be more or less on any given night. Pay is based on pick speed and accuracy.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Moves products to designated positions within the SBC warehouse. Operates machinery/equipment responsibly and appropriately (including adherence to all safety precautions) to load and unload vehicles and position inventory and dunnage in an orderly and accessible fashion. Breaks down and disposes of trash as needed.
- Accurately and efficiently selects inventory to assemble customer orders for delivery. Utilizes inventory management protocols to select products, ensure quality of products and provide appropriate inventory turnover/rotation. Stocks and rotates product and stocks pick-line as necessary.
- Maintains an organized system for repairing and repackaging breakage as needed. All product repackaged for sale must be cleaned and code dates verified. Acceptable items must be placed inside new sleeves/cases/boxes and properly secured so that it may be returned to inventory.
- Maintains consistently high quality of work despite deadlines and/or peaks in workload. Ensures that work is performed correctly so as to avoid re-work or errors. Monitors product condition during transport and storage within the warehouse to ensure quality of product as it is sent from the warehouse for delivery.
- Demonstrates a friendly, helpful, and cooperative demeanor to fellow SBC team members within warehouse and other departments.
- Conducts daily work activities in strict accordance with established company policies and current procedural guidelines. Is mindful and compliant with all safety protocols.
- Displays dependability and works with a sense of urgency to complete work within allotted periods of time. Demonstrates punctuality and dependability in daily work.
- Builds and maintains positive working relationships with SBC colleagues, customers and other work-related contacts. Resolves disputes in a respectful manner and in an appropriate location.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Displays the SBC values of Integrity, Ownership, Collaboration, and Service in all interactions with customers, co-workers, supervisors and in work-related public settings.
Ability to read, write and speak English and perform mathematical calculations at a level consistent with achievement of a high school diploma or equivalent amount of education.
SBC is a Drug-Free Workplace. All applicants must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and may be subject to random and/or post-accident testing throughout employment.
No experience required. 6 months – 1 year experience in warehouse operations, preferred.
Forklift experience preferred.
Attention to detail in performing routine work in safety-sensitive environment
Average time management and organization skills
Ability to serve as a productive member of a team
Ability to be coached and to incorporate feedback
Forklift certification provided during training
This position is considered very strenuous and requires teamwork and/or equipment (forklifts, pallet jacks, hand trucks) to maneuver, position, and/or lift inventory (including kegs and loaded pallets) up to 300 lbs. The position requires standing for extended periods of time, repetitive lifting, pushing and pulling, reaching above head height, and occasional kneeling. Requires use of “voice pick” inventory equipment. Employees in this position are required to climb ladders up to 3 ft. on a regular basis; and up to 6 ft. occasionally. Work is performed in a warehouse environment, with regular exposure to dust, fumes or odors, temperature extremes, loud noise, strong drafts, or bright lights.
SUPREME BEVERAGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.