The Merchandiser stimulates sales and provides efficient movement of product by servicing each assigned customer account; merchandising, rotating and organizing product as needed. Work Schedule will generally be Saturday and Sunday starting around 6AM. Pay is $125 per day plus $0.38/mile.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Knows, understands, and abides by applicable State and Federal regulations and company policies. Is attentive to safety and ethical standards in carrying out work activities, including ensuring that personal vehicle meets standards for daily business use, is properly maintained and operated in a safe and courteous manner.
- Demonstrates commitment to customer satisfaction by presenting a friendly and helpful demeanor while interacting with customers and fellow SBC colleagues. Builds, replenishes and services displays in assigned locations, using SBC merchandising standards.
- Promptly and courteously responds to customer issues, identifying and implementing reasonable solutions. Works proactively to avoid repeat issues. Alerts/advises SBC sales team members of customer concerns, including equipment failures, display alterations or removals, unusual amounts of damaged products, etc.
- Organizes SBC product areas in customer storage area(s), helping to maintain a clean and safe storage location. Stocks/re-stocks cold box(es), hot shelf and displays in customer locations. Breaks down and removes boxes in accordance with customer requirements.
- Displays a positive and cooperative team spirit, providing encouragement to fellow SBC colleagues, supporting team decisions, assisting as work responsibilities allow, and actively participating in team efforts to improve and maintain customer satisfaction.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates punctuality and dependability in daily work, customer interactions and sales meetings.
- Displays the SBC values of Integrity, Ownership, Collaboration, and Service in all interactions with customers, co-workers, supervisors and in work-related public settings.
Ability to read, write and speak English at a level associated with high school graduation or equivalent required.
No directly related experience required.
Effective communication and positive interaction skills
Strong time management and organization skills
Ability to be coached and to incorporate feedback
Proficiency in computer and digital (“smart” phone/tablet) applications
Professional appearance and demeanor
Valid Alabama driving license with acceptable driving record
Properly licensed, registered, and maintained personal vehicle, with approved levels of current insurance coverage
Due to this position requiring unsupervised handling of alcoholic products, candidates must be at least 21 years of age.
Position involves ability to drive personal vehicle to assigned customer sites (entering/exiting vehicle throughout the work day); speak with customers and co-workers; inspect product displays; use hand truck and pallet jack to move quantities of product or displays up to 100 lbs., lift, carry, position products (up to 30 lbs.); use mobile telephone and tablet applications. Work is generally performed in customer storage areas and sales floor areas during weekday hours, but may vary according to customer demands. Work is provided during all seasons and in all types of weather conditions.
***All qualified applicants will be required to complete a pre-employment drug screen.***
SBC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Our business is both built on and driven by our team of passionate employees who work tirelessly to distribute the diverse beverage portfolios of our supplier partners across the North Alabama. Headquartered in Tanner, AL, we proudly service our market area out of three distribution facilities.
Supreme Beverage Company is looking to foster relationships with individuals who are interested in careers in the beverage distribution industry. As the company grows and current employees advance, we have opportunities from entry level through management. Please review our current openings and feel free to apply for this as well as future opportunities.