The function of a Delivery Driver is to provide efficient movement of product by providing service to assigned customer accounts; delivering, picking up, and organizing product as needed. This position runs Monday - Friday 5AM until completion of route.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operates delivery vehicle in a safe and accurate manner. Performs work that can be routine and/or repetitive. Is attentive to details while operating delivery vehicle and providing service within customer accounts.
- Promptly, accurately and thoroughly documents work activities. Demonstrates accountability by ensuring that documentation of delivered/pulled inventory and invoices are fully and correctly completed.
- Knows, understands, and abides by applicable State and Federal regulations and company policies. Is attentive to safety and ethical standards in carrying out work activities, including ensuring that delivery vehicle is properly maintained and operated in a safe and courteous manner.
- Maintains quality of service despite deadlines. Does not “skip steps” that may result in out-of-date products, disorganized product displays and/or inventory, sloppy documentation, or unsafe work practices.
- Promptly and courteously responds to customer issues, identifying and implementing reasonable solutions. Works proactively to avoid repeat issues. Uses customer knowledge, experience and ingenuity to suggest process changes that could improve company-wide customer satisfaction.
- Develops and maintains positive business relationships with appropriate representatives of customer accounts. Adapts manner and presentation to best meet customer needs and communication preferences.
- Interacts with co-workers in a positive, team-oriented manner. Resolves conflicts in the proper setting, and in a collaborative, supportive manner.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates punctuality and dependability in daily work, customer interactions and sales meetings.
- Displays the SBC values of Integrity, Ownership, Collaboration, and Service in all interactions with customers, co-workers, supervisors and in work-related public settings.
Ability to read, write and speak English and perform mathematical calculations at a level consistent with achievement of a high school diploma or equivalent amount of education.
No experience required. 6 months – 1 year experience in route sales or local delivery preferred.
High levels of detail orientation in observing, documenting and balancing work activities
Strong time management and organization skills
Strong communication and positive interaction skills
Ability to be coached and to incorporate feedback
Proficiency in computer and digital (“smart” phone/tablet) applications
Professional appearance and demeanor
Driver's License current and in good standing; with acceptable MVR (Motor Vehicle Record)
Class A CDL (Commercial Driver's License) preferred but not required
Must successfully meet requirements for and maintain current DOT Medical Examiner’s Certificate
Position involves ability to drive commercial delivery vehicle to multiple assigned customer sites (entering/exiting vehicle throughout the work day); use hand truck and pallet jack to move quantities of product or displays up to 100 lbs., lift, carry, position products (up to 30 lbs.); speak with customers and co-workers, document deliveries and collect payment for invoices; inspect product displays; enter information into ordering/inventory management systems; use mobile telephone and tablet applications. Work is generally performed during weekday hours, but may vary according to sales demands. Work is provided during all seasons and in all types of weather conditions.
***All qualified applicants will be required to complete a pre-employment drug screen.***
SBC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.