The Operations Manager will be the lead team member for all logistical agency responsibilities within the programs department and will report to the Senior Programs and Operations Manager (SPOM). Specifically, this position will be responsible for oversight of all logistical and storage needs of the programs department by coordinating with vendors, transportation companies and the warehouse team to ensure all materials are accounted for and arrive at the correct destination.
**Due to circumstances related to COVID-19 most staff members are currently working remotely. Once the Alameda County Public Health Officer confirms it is safe to work in office workspaces, this position will be based out of our office in Oakland, CA.
SupplyBank.Org is an Oakland based nonprofit public benefit corporation that is working with 500 public agencies in California to build the nation’s first regional supply bank (like a regional food bank, but for supplies). Our volume is roughly $25M of materials at wholesale to 500,000 people, but it is expected to dramatically increase with the completion of the Oakport Street Project (www.oakport.org). We do many other fun things as part of programs like a private label baby/diaper brand, data analytics for government agencies and many other projects. For more information on our organization, please see our website: http://supplybank.org/
Entering a new stage of development, SupplyBank.Org is working with an external leadership team as part of an extended planning process to develop an enhanced supply banking system to address the unmet basic material needs of low-income people across California. The Operations Manager’s effective oversight of our current programs and input into this planning process will be a critical factor in its success.
Since the onset of the COVID-19 Pandemic, our programmatic portfolio has substantially shifted to emergency response in the form of an emergency supplies program. This effort is being coordinated with three state agencies and hundreds of local agencies in all 58 counties. The Operations Manager will be a key contributor to our growing response to the Pandemic to ensure our local partners and the communities we collectively serve have the supplies they need to navigate the ongoing crisis.
The Operations Manager will be responsible for:
- The oversight of day-to-day communications with approved vendors, transportation partners and our warehouse to meet the goals of the programs department
- Assist in procurement with approved vendors
- Direct inbound and outbound logistics operations, including all transportation and warehouse activities
- Monthly delivery schedules, including reconciling inventory against delivery and warehouse reports on a weekly basis
- SKU design proposal and management within Quickbooks or ERP
- Maintains metrics, reports, process documentation, and safety records
- Biannual physical inventory reconciliation at all warehouse locations
- The development of RFPs to identify new transportation and warehousing partners
- Negotiation of transportation rates and services
- Analyze the financial impact of logistic changes related to program development
- Weekly approval of all logistics and warehouse invoices
- A bachelor’s degree with a minimum of three years of experience in a relevant field OR a minimum of six years of experience in a relevant field.
- Warehouse and inventory management experience.
- Experience or demonstrated ability to work with manufacturers and/or product vendors, fulfillment companies, carriers and other vendors involved in the production/kitting/fulfillment of products and delivery of products to multiple locations.
- Excellent communication skills, both spoken and written that is always professional and engaging.
- Ability to use QuickBooks or a basic enterprise resource planning system and quickly adapt to enhancements and upgrades.
- Independent thinker with a strong attention to detail that is able to troubleshoot and problem solve issues concerning transportation, logistic systems, import or exports, or customers. Brings problems and solutions fully formed.
- Meets deadlines and enjoys creating systems to make operations run smoothly.
- Ability to manage and work well with others in the coordination of outreach, shipment confirmations, etc.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel.
- Sincerely passionate about helping kids and families while being interested in being part of a new and innovative way to combat poverty.
- Positive attitude and a great sense of humor.
- Experience coordinating large, complex projects.
- Experience with financial reporting and accounting, especially as it relates to inventory assets.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required.
The Operations Manager will be a salaried position with medical, dental, other benefits and a retirement plan to commensurate with experience. The salary range for this position is $57,000-$68,000.
Equal Employment Opportunity
SupplyBank.Org provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other protected classification. Equal employment opportunity includes, but is not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, demotion, transfer, leaves of absence, and termination. SupplyBank.Org takes allegations of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation seriously, and will promptly conduct an investigation when such behavior is reported.
Submit a COVER LETTER AND A RESUME to hr -at- supplybank.org or use this jobscore form. If selected for an interview, references will be required. This position is open until this posting is removed.
***NO PHONE CALLS OR DIRECT EMAILS TO STAFF PLEASE. NO EXCEPTIONS.***
this is a remote position
SupplyBank.Org (Previously K to College)