Regional Sales Director (PPE/JanSan)
Supply Source Enterprises Guilford, CT
- Posted: over a month ago
The Sales Director is responsible for managing top-down relationships with major regional customer distribution accounts, local relationships with national account personnel, and end-user relationships to deliver top-line sales revenue and profitability targets. Delivers results while maintaining the highest level of integrity. Fosters an environment of collaboration that lives the values of SSE.
Supply Source Enterprises is a global manufacturer and distributor of branded and private label PPE, commercial cleaning, maintenance, and safety products. The company caters to end markets of JanSan, foodservice, industrial/safety, office products and other resellers.
This role may work remotely within the following regions (multiple positions available):
New England (NY, NJ, CT, MA)
Southeast (Atlanta, Carolina’s, Nashville,TN)
Western (Denver, CO, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV)
*This position will require travel up to 60% of the time.
Here are some of the main job duties in this role:
Customer Relationship Management
- Manages relationship with key influencers, power structures, and hierarchy at the customer and end-user
- Presents new ideas, trends, and data and recommends pilot and test programs to the customer
- Establishes trust and credibility by demonstrating a clear understanding of how the customer defines the value
- Develops an operating rhythm of joint meetings to manage opportunities, negotiations, and issues that deliver value
- Addresses customer concerns/needs and elevates as appropriate to sales management
- Actively utilizes our CRM to communicate opportunities, campaigns, and reporting to improve the close ratio
- 60%++ Travel depending on geography/span of control
Customer Planning and Execution
- Executes yearly joint business plans with all accounts to grow both the customer’s and SSE business; follows up/measures success regularly
- Works with sales operations, finance, product, and supply chain to execute strategies and strategies and plans
- Manages end-user pricing and P&L to meet divisional sales and gross margin targets
Market, Channel, & Category Understanding
- Collaborates cross-functionally to provide market insights to the customer
- Utilizes best in class insights to develop customer strategies as they relate to purchasing behavior and commercial opportunities
- Develops and shares new ideas/innovation based on sales trends and insights
- Manages end-user pricing, contracts, and P&L to meet divisional sales and gross margin targets
- Builds category plan consistent with customer and SSE strategies
- Applies a strong understanding of goals, priorities, and account P&L (margin and mix) when managing activity and promotions
- Leverages our brands and product mix to improve profitability
- Manages programs and promotional funding to maximize top and bottom-line results
- Tracks company and competitor pricing across vertical and provides feedback
- Monitors the impact of price on sell-through
Organization Development and Talent Management
- Takes responsibility for and identifies opportunities for personal development
- Establishes development objectives for direct reports
- Works with customer and internal sellers to ensure understanding of our products and solutions
Here are some of the expectations we would require of you:
Qualifications/Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree Required. For internal SSE Inc., candidates, in lieu of degree, must possess 5 years' sales experience within The Safety Zone and or Impact Products.
- 5-10 years of experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal and team management skills
- Proven track record of leading people.
- Experience using the Microsoft Office Suite of Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Able to travel 60+ percent of the time.
- Distribution industry experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required sit and use hands and fingers to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust or focus.
Why Should You Apply?
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401K.
- Exciting and progressive work environment!
Supply Source Enterprises Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. The company ensures that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Supply Source Enterprises
BusinessView all jobs at Supply Source Enterprises