For over 15 years, Supplier Management Solutions (SMS) has remained the leading provider of full-service delivery assurance and quality solutions, servicing aerospace industry throughout the United States. As the only full-service quality solutions provider of its kind, SMS [b1] provides delivery assurance, containment, inspection, quality engineering, training, and supplier development services. SMS is providing support to the largest aeronautics companies in the US and is expanding our role in quality support.
Please visit our website at: www.SMSSolutionsInc.com
The Supplier Quality Engineer will be responsible for executing and expanding on key initiatives inside of the supplier quality organization. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated problem solving skills and the ability to be flexible in high pressure situations.
- Defines and documents test procedures by monitoring and evaluating component test requirements
- Evaluates and or appraises supplier's manufacturing capabilities to baseline their processes for conformance to various documented commodity checklists and or establishes part quality evaluation plans from materials requests through material receipt (full life cycle).
- Provides resolution and disposition of non-conformance materials to ensure adequate corrective action.
- Evaluates and or appraises a suppliers manufacturing capability to baseline the processes for conformance to the specific documented commodity checklists
- Understand and implements a closed loop process such as problem-solving skills and root cause analysis to determine potential effectiveness of proposed corrective actions.
- Backup Regional Mangers and perform Quality Assurance Specialists tasks when required.
- Evaluates and or appraises a supplier’s product or process compliance to baseline the product(s) and or processes for conformance to the specific requirements or process checklists
- Maintains metrics on team performance.
- 15+ years of hands-on experience as a Quality Engineering in an Aerospace Manufacturing Environment.
- Working knowledge and experience with Aircraft Parts and Material Conformity Inspections
- 5-10 years FAI experience with AS9102 (FAI) Protocol
- Hands-on experience or working knowledge of Special Processes (i.e., heat treating, welding, NDT)
- Strong understanding of Engineering Mechanical Processes, Standard Drawings Conventions, Interpreting Drawing, Specifications and GD&T
- 5-10 years' experience hands-on experience with the ISO9100 and AS9100 Quality Management Systems Processes, especially in Production, Quality, and logistics
- Knowledge of, (or hands-on experience preferred), with FAA, EAR, and ITAR standards and regulations
- Experience leading customer audits
- Strong verbal, written and communication skills
- Project management, time management, problem solving and organization
- Ability to work as an effective team member and lead other team members.
- Vision exam is required prior to hire. Requirements are as follows: The General Vision Acuity Test shall be performed by an Oculist, Optometrist or other professionally recognized person. The following requirements shall apply: -Near Vision: Eyes meets Orthorater 8 (95% or Jaeger #2 at 12 inches) -Far Vision: Eyes meets Orthorater 4 (76% or Snellen Chart 20/50) -Color Perception: 6 of 9 Orthorater plates. If personnel require corrective lenses in order to meet these requirements, he/she must use corrective lenses when performing the work.
Prior experience in areas of Quality Engineering such as: DOE, FMEA, SPC, RCCA, APQP, PPAP, controls plans, material control, process control, systems performance, product evaluation, MSA, metrology, automated measurement and software is preferred.
Required Education (including certifications):
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a technical discipline, (i.e., Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Quality Management, etc.).
OR In lieu of a Degree, 8+ years of hands-on experience as a Quality Engineering in an Aerospace Manufacturing environment.