This position is responsible for performing Post Inspection and Quality Engineering functions on Commercial and Military Aircraft as well as lead other SMS SQE/QAS personnel.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
· Perform incoming aircraft accountability/inventory inspections in accordance with technical data, drawings, work instructions, etc.
· Inspect wire bundles, electrical and electronic components for proper removal and installation in aircraft
· Perform structural inspection of aircraft and aircraft components for corrosion, fastener removals/installations, panel removals/installations and overall serviceability of structural components.
· Observe and/or perform in-process and completed aircraft operational checkout of mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems to determine structural and functional soundness of aircraft.
· Perform operational checkout of aircraft prior to and during preflight.
· Use a variety of inspection aids, and precision testing and measurement equipment such as ohmmeters, output meters, calipers, feeler gauges, scales, ball gauges, and micrometers necessary to determine proper adjustment and operation of aircraft systems.
· Able to clearly document maintenance and repair actions, equipment status tags, logs, parts requests, etc,
Able to Read and interpret Drawings. Technical Data, (AMM, CMMs Tech orders) is a must
Ability to work any shift under all climatic conditions as well as the ability to kneel bend sit and work in confined spaces for extended periods of time
Identify and resolve issues at production level
Coordinate with Boeing Management team on performance or other SMS related activities.
Onsite presence & interface with customer executives, managers, buyers, etc.
Understand customer requirements/expectations and drive results
Manage customer perception and report customer feedback to Operations
Customer & Supplier relationship management
Customer/Supplier escalation support as needed
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Citizen”
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
• Candidate must have a degree and or equivalent job work experience (5 or more years’ experience working post production aircraft Military and or Civil)
- Vision exam is required prior to hire. Requirements are as follows: The General Vision Acuity Test shall be performed by an Oculist, Optometrist or other professionally recognized person. The following requirements shall apply: -Near Vision: Eyes meets Orthorater 8 (95% or Jaeger #2 at 12 inches) -Far Vision: Eyes meets Orthorater 4 (76% or Snellen Chart 20/50) -Color Perception: 6 of 9 Orthorater plates. If personnel require corrective lenses in order to meet these requirements, he/she must use corrective lenses when performing the work.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
· An A&P License
· Experience working with government regulatory systems and organizations
· US Government Security clearance, or ability to obtain one (Post Start)
· Flight line experience
Resolve part problem and personnel issues
Supplier Management Solutions, Inc. (SMS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration. Except where otherwise provided by law, selection will be made without regard to, and there will be no discrimination because of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, political affiliations, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, or on the basis of personal favoritism or other non-merit factors.