Aerospace Quality Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
For over 15 years, SMS has remained the industry leader with a “boots on the ground” approach to drive systematic changes that improve quality while sustaining on-time delivery performance. Working as an extension of its customers, SMS’ unique, Fully Integrated Service Solution offers Supplier Management, Supplier Development, and Quality Management Services throughout the Commercial & Defense Aerospace Industries. Currently, SMS is providing support to the largest Primes, Tier-1s, and Tier 2s while expanding its service portfolio to include quality management services since the acquisition by TRIGO GROUP, INC. in January 2019.
Please visit our website at www.SMSSolutionsInc.com
The Supplier Quality Engineer will be responsible for executing and expanding on key initiatives inside of the supplier quality organization. The Supplier Quality Engineer will be responsible for executing various supplier quality engineering related activities such as Compliance, Process, and Product Audits, MRB, FAI Witnessing, Review and Sign off, Problem Solving, Corrective and Preventive Actions, Supplier Performance Reporting and other Quality Improvement Activities.
- Assess suppliers manufacturing and quality processes through performing supplier audits following various standards depending on the type of audit. Audits may include but not limited to the following: AS9100 Compliance Audits, special processes, APQP audits, process, and product audits.
- Lead and/or support MRB activities to achieve optimal disposition of non-conforming material and ensure that adequate corrective actions are implemented.
- Perform on-site supplier visits for root cause analysis and verification of corrective actions of supplier quality issues
- Promote and facilitate the use of customer preferred techniques for continuous improvement such as Lean, Six-Sigma, Poka-Yoke, and Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (PFMEA)
- Facilitate the escalation of unresolved supplier quality issues within assigned projects and suppliers.
- Support suppliers in the evaluation of existing manufacturing or business processes, identification of opportunities for improvement, and development of solutions to optimize supplier performance using various problem-solving techniques.
- Provide technical guidance and assistance to suppliers to solve process and product quality issues and improve internal and outgoing quality performance.
- Develop and maintain detailed and accurate reporting of supplier performance and quality improvement progress. Report weekly and monthly on supplier progress to meet customer expectations.
- Undertake special projects as required
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure optimal performance.
- Communicate efficiently and effectively with all stakeholders to ensure timely and effective responsiveness to abnormalities.
- 8+ years of hands-on experience as a Quality Engineer in an Aerospace Manufacturing Environment
- 5-8 years of FAI experience with AS9102 (FAI) standards at a quality engineering level.
- Strong understanding of various Engineering Processes, Standard Drawings Conventions, Interpreting Drawing, Specifications, and GD&T
- 5-8 years' experience hands-on experience with the ISO9100 and AS9100 Quality Management Systems Processes, especially in Production, Quality, and logistics
- Knowledge of, (or hands-on experience preferred), with FAA, EAR, and ITAR standards and regulations
- Experience leading customer audits
- Strong verbal, written and communication skills
- Project management, time management, problem solving and organization
- Ability to work as an effective team member and lead other team members
Additional Desired Skills:
- Prior practical experience and implementation of Quality Engineering tools and systems such as: DOE, FMEA, SPC, RCCA, APQP, PPAP, controls plans, material control, process control, systems performance, product evaluation, MSA, metrology, automated measurement, and software is preferred.
- Ability to pass background and drug screen
- Vision exam is required prior to hire. Requirements are as follows:•The General Vision Acuity Test shall be performed by an Oculist, Optometrist or other professionally recognized person. The following requirements shall apply.
- Near Vision – Eyes meets Orthorater 8 (95% or Jaeger #2 at 12 inches)
- Far vision – Eyes meets Orthorater 4 (76%) or Snellen Chart 20/50
- Color Perception – 6 of 9 Orthorater plates
- US citizenship required - Supplier Management Solutions, LLC can restrict hiring to US Citizens when government contracts require us to do so. 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a)(2)(C).
Additional Qualifications (Preferred):
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a technical discipline, (i.e., Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Quality Management, etc.)
- ASQ or equivalent professional certifications such as CQE, CQT, CQA, CMQ, CSQP …etc.
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt Certification.
$70,000-115,000 Please note that the salary information is a general guideline only. SMS/Trigo considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, as well as, market and business considerations when extending an offer.
Supplier Management Solutions, LLC (SMS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans, and may require US Citizenship for employment on certain defense contracts subject to ITAR restrictions. All qualified candidates will receive consideration. Except where otherwise provided by law, selection will be made without regard to, and there will be no discrimination because of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, political affiliations, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, or on the basis of personal favoritism or other non-merit factors.
Supplier Management Solutions, LLC
ManufacturingView all jobs at Supplier Management Solutions, LLC
Get fresh Aerospace Quality Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!