Join the Supplemental Health Care team in Colorado by working with one of our top-tier school systems for the 2019-20 school year. We are a nationally recognized healthcare staffing provider looking to partner with a school district to provide a School-based Occupational Therapist. The Occupational Therapist will apply their expertise in school-based therapy by identifying, evaluating and treating school-aged children, to help students succeed; as every child deserves to learn and thrive without labels or limits!
Ages:K-12th grade - based on preference
# of Schools:1-2 schools
Length:2019-20 school year
Pay Rate: Up to $44.00 per hour
Notes:School experience is strongly preferred, but not required
General Duties for this position as a School Occupational Therapist:
- Provides and directs occupational therapy services to children ages 4-18 in a variety of early intervention and educational settings.
- The school-based Occupational Therapist’s (OT) focus is on engagement in meaningful and purposeful daily living school/home/community activities or “occupations”.
- The OT’s goal is to improve students’ participation and functioning to achieve their maximum potential in the educational environment.
- OTs may supervise Occupational Therapy Assistants (OTAs) in their provision of services to students.
Essential Functions for the School-Based Occupational Therapist:
- Provides pre-referral consultations and contribute to initiatives including Response to Intervention (RtI).
- Implements and conducts occupational therapy treatment to meet goals and objectives in the Individual Family Service Plan (IFSP), the Individual Educational Plan (IEP), the Individual Transition Plan (ITP), or 504 Plan.
- Serves as a member of teams for students with suspected deficits that impact daily living skills.
- Develops skill areas including fine motor, visual-motor, visual perceptual, postural stability, motor planning, and sensory processing.
- Reduces the functional consequence of disabilities that affect curricular activities, self-care/independent living skills, social participation, recreational, and prevocational/vocational skills.
Supplemental Health Care prides itself in offering industry-leading benefits catered to any situation including Health care, option for Year-round compensation, Share the Care referral program and a 24/7 approach to customer service.
Interested Occupational Therapists can call or text Andrea Landon at 469.620.1927
for immediate consideration.
- Active or Pending Colorado Occupational Therapist License.
- Valid Colorado Department of Education Certification.
- Valid BLS Card.