Occupational Therapist - School
Supplemental Health Care Salem, OR
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Join the Supplemental Health Care team in Salem, OR by working with one of our top-tier partnering school systems for the 2021-22 school year. We are a nationally recognized healthcare staffing provider looking to partner with a school district to provide a School-based Occupational Therapist.
The Occupational Therapist will apply their expertise in school-based therapy by identifying, evaluating, and treating school-aged children, to help students succeed; as every child deserves to learn and thrive without labels or limits!
Location: Salem, Oregon
Marion County with some work in Polk County
Length:August 2021-June 14, 2022 (School Year)
Notes:School experience is strongly preferred, but not required
General Duties for this position as a School Occupational Therapist:
- Provides and directs occupational therapy services to children ages 4-18 in a variety of early intervention and educational settings.
- The school-based Occupational Therapist’s (OT) focus is on engagement in meaningful and purposeful daily living school/home/community activities or “occupations”.
- The OT’s goal is to improve students’ participation and functioning to achieve their maximum potential in the educational environment.
- OTs may supervise Occupational Therapy Assistants (OTAs) in their provision of services to students.
Essential Functions for the School-Based Occupational Therapist:
- Provides pre-referral consultations and contribute to initiatives including Response to Intervention (RtI).
- Implements and conducts occupational therapy treatment to meet goals and objectives in the Individual Family Service Plan (IFSP), the Individual Educational Plan (IEP), the Individual Transition Plan (ITP), or 504 Plan.
- Serves as a member of teams for students with suspected deficits that impact daily living skills.
- Develops skill areas including fine motor, visual-motor, visual perceptual, postural stability,
Supplemental Health Care
HealthcareView all jobs at Supplemental Health Care