Clinical Supervisor in a Behavioral Health / Addiction Setting
Supplemental Health Care is currently seeking a Clinical Supervisor in a Behavioral Health / Addiction Setting.
This position entails the provision of direct care services to patients as well as supervision of other clinical counselors, including but not limited to - diagnostic assessment, case management, information and referral, consultation, and crisis intervention. Provides individual, group and family therapy participate in interdisciplinary treatment planning by developing a comprehensive psychosocial assessment. Acts as liaison with other service providers, courts, probation, and/or other referral sources in matters pertaining to individual clients. Supervises and instructs clinical counseling staff as required.
Essential Job Duties:
- Deliver chemical dependency counseling.
- Perform initial screening and evaluations/assessment; administer, score, and perform initial screening tests; interview and observe patients; write clinical reports, adult diagnostic assessments, progress notes, transfer/discharge summaries, and treatment plans.
- Provide individual, group, family or couples counseling according to established principles and best practices.
- Provide intervention/treatments, conduct individual and group counseling, and utilized evidence-based therapy.
- May provide clinical direction and participate in providing in-service training to other treatment team members.
- Select appropriate counseling methods to maximize the treatment process and outcomes (group and individual).
- Use appropriate interviewing techniques and/or instruments to develop an accurate diagnostic summary/service plan.
- Provide in-depth assessment services and diagnostic summaries; Select methods of counseling/treatment to be employed and provide individual, group, and family counseling services.
- Facilitate patient evidence-based curriculum groups.
- May provide various other services as needed including but not limited to case management.
- Assure documentation is completed in compliance with contract regulatory agency requirements and best clinical practices, including diagnosis coding.
- Remain current in the general knowledge of psychotropic medications, side effects, and DSM V/ICD-9/ICD-10 and recognize and make medical referrals when needed.
- Evaluate and update treatment plans developed, and quality of service rendered by others;
Use acquired information to provide an accurate least restrictive level of care based on ASAM criteria.
- Coordinate patient care with other team members, including a physician, nurse practitioner, and/or psychiatrist.
- Complete documentation utilizing the agency's designated Electronic Medical Record, within a specified time frame.
- Provide crisis interventions and de-escalation techniques.
- Attend required meetings including but not limited to - weekly clinical supervisor meeting, individual and group supervision, treatment team meeting, and quarterly in-service.
- Participates and completes documentation related to peer review, mid-year review, end-of-year review, and employee supervision as assigned by the Clinical Director or Associate Clinical Director.
- Provides QA/QI review of clinical records and evaluates accuracy and completeness of record entry by clinical staff.
- Provide clinical supervision to clinical staff, including case managers, counselors, peer recovery supporters, and others.
Required Education / Degree: Masters Degree
Required Certification/ License: Independent Licensure with Supervision Designation preferred (LPCC-S, LISW-S, IMFT-S, LICDC-CS); Independent Licensure may be considered (LIPCC, LISW)
Supplemental Health Care is a leader in the Healthcare Staffing Industry, with four National Divisions and more than 60 offices throughout the United States. We place nurses, therapist, physicians, physician assistants, HIM Specialists and other healthcare professionals in great short- and long-term positions at top facilities across the country. Established in 1984, we are consistently ranked among the largest companies in the industry, with over 400 employees nationwide and more than 2,500 healthcare professionals working for us each day. Three years in a row we have won Best of Staffing Talent and Best of Staffing Client. Come work for the BEST of the BEST. Our SloganI CARE. Integrity, Candor, Accountability, Respect & Excellence.Where weWorry Less and Care More!
Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer - Supplemental Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Supplemental Health Care participates in E-Verify to confirm work authorization. Please visit www.uscis.gov for more information.
With more than 60 local offices in major U.S. markets and national travel Nursing and Allied divisions, Supplemental Health Care places professionals in temporary and travel positions at a variety of healthcare settings nationwide. Supplemental Health Care is proud to serve as a trusted workforce solutions provider helping healthcare organizations achieve positive patient outcomes.