Network Administrator II
Network Systems Administrator II is responsible for maintaining and supporting the integrity of the operating system environment and various computer systems. Primary duties include maintenance of computer networks, hardware, software, and other related systems, performing disaster recovery operations, data backup and restore, protecting data, software and hardware, and replacing faulty network hardware components when necessary. The Network System Administrator II will be responsible for monitoring the network to isolate and resolve any performance issues including server, firewall, routers, switches, and internet access. Additional duties include the oversight and administration of corporate phone system and connectivity. Possess a strong understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware, software, and network protocols. Understanding of VMware virtual server administration and vSphere / vCenter applications.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintaining and administering computer networks and related computing environments including systems software, applications software, hardware, and configurations.
- Protecting data, software, and hardware by coordinating, planning, and implementing network security measures.
- Monitoring network performance and sustaining the necessary data throughput and maintaining existing equipment replacing faulty network hardware components when required.
- Responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems, network servers, and virtualization.
- Install and upgrade computer components and software, manage virtual servers, and integrate automation processes.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing the impact of issues.
- Provide documentation and technical specifications to IT staff for planning and implementing new or upgrades of IT infrastructure.
- Perform regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures.
- Ability to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network infrastructure devices, including wireless access points, firewalls, routers, switches, and printers.
- Respond to network alerts, connectivity issues and resolve any wireless communication issues.
- Collaborate with third-party support/service vendors to ensure the network stays operational.
- Maintain the company phone system and work closely with the phone service provider.
Non-Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Knowledge & Other Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology-related field of study or equivalent experience required.
- 3+ years of network administration, or system administration experience.
- Familiarity with Cisco Meraki, VLANs, switching, and mid-size business-level network devices.
- Manage user accounts, credentials, permissions, access rights, storage allocations, and active directory administration.
- Secure system integrity from any breaches or viruses and play an essential role in risk-mitigation planning, including creating backup plans, safeguards for data, user security policies, and identity management.
- Quickly resolve any system failures and troubleshoots issues.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint.
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability.
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions and work with the team to implement fixes.
- Patch and upgrade network hardware and software.
- Strong knowledge of systems and networking software, hardware, and networking protocols.
- Familiarity with Hyper-V Server Virtualization and cloud-based technologies such as Microsoft Azure.
- Good communication and time management skills, excellent reliability.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and maintain high ethical standards of integrity and quality.
- Ability of having an innovative and dynamic approach to work.
- A self-starter able to work independently but comfortable working in a team environment.
- Ability to consistently exhibit Supernus Values in interactions with employees at all levels of the organization, vendors, customers and others.
- Capable of performing other duties as assigned by Management.
- Authorized to legally work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment/Travel Requirements:
- Position may require prolonged sitting, standing, walking, reaching, twisting, turning, kneeling, and bending; the ability to push, pull, drag and/or lift up to 35 pounds; manual dexterity and hand/eye coordination; repetitive hand movement using a computer keyboard and mouse
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a screen, iPad, or other electronic device; and extensive reading
- The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions
Supernus Pharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or any other characteristic protected by law.
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.