DIRECTOR, BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
Supernus Rockville, MD
- Posted: over a month ago
Supernus is a dynamic and growing CNS pharmaceutical company located in Rockville Md. We currently have two extended release CNS products on the market (Oxtellar XR and Trokendi XR) and a solid pipeline in psychiatry. We acquired a Parkinson’s Disease Portfolio in 2020 and entered into an option deal for a novel antidepressant. Our strategic vision is to move up the value chain and develop novel molecular entities either within neurology and psychiatry or other specialty areas including movement disorders and orphan diseases. To accomplish this vision we’ve been aggressively searching for additional assets and are currently looking for more support in this area. The ideal candidate will have experience in scouting, due diligence, forecasting and be able to work across all functions of a pharmaceutical organization and at all levels. They should also have strong analytical/forecasting skills, and a solid understanding of drug development and commercialization.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Supports and leads the evaluation of strategic business opportunities, initiatives, mergers, acquisitions, in licensing and out licensing projects
- Supports and leads scouting, tracking, and builds out company and/or product profiles
- Leads building out markets for tracking and identification of new opportunities
- Helps prioritize potential targets and markets
- Monitors potential targets and tracks the outcome of near term catalysts
- Leads the development of forecasts and models in collaboration with R&D, regulatory, commercial team, finance, and 3rd party market research vendors
- Supports and helps develop strategic approaches to negotiations
- Supports cross functional teams and outside partnerships thru alliance management
- Supports Due Diligence and tracking of deliverables and key issues
Non-Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support lifecycle management and portfolio optimization
- Support integration activities, prioritization and project management
- Other duties as assigned by Management
Knowledge & Other Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 10 - 12 years of experience in business development/marketing
- MBA preferred
- Understanding of pharmaceutical drug development processes and regulatory requirements
- Business Development experience
- Market research and/or forecasting experience
- Project Management experience would be desirable
- Previous Pharmaceutical experience required.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Proficient with Medispan, IQVIA and other sales analytics tools
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and maintain high ethical standards of integrity and quality.
- Ability of having an innovative and dynamic approach to work.
- A self-starter able to work independently but comfortable working in a team environment.
- Ability to consistently exhibit Supernus Values in interactions with employees at all levels of the organization, vendors, customers and others.
- Capable of performing other duties as assigned by Management.
- Authorized to legally work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment/Travel Requirements:
- Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or carrying objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer screen, iPad, or other electronic device; and extensive reading
The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions
BusinessView all jobs at Supernus