Geospatial Information Specialist
Superlative Technologies Scott Air Force Base, IL
- Posted: 25 days ago
Position # 2072
Position Title: Geospatial Analyst
Location: Scott AFB, IL
Certification: Sec+ce (preferred)
The Geospatial Information Specialist applies ingenuity, teamwork, and problem-solving skills in the standup of geospatial environments and the analyzing of data. Roles and responsibilities include analyzing data, setting up and maintaining environments, creating layers, assists with requirements documentation, Installation of new software, Configuration of hardware and software, Security administration with GIS Portal, Data analysis, Responsible for the administration of existing databases and the analysis, design, and creation of new databases.
- Knowledge of ArcGIS Server, ArcSDE services, ArcGIS Portal, ArcGIS Online installation/configuration of ArcSDE services
- Skilled in designing and implementing large (enterprise) geospatial systems
- Knowledge in scripting and programming for data management purposes for process development (Python, ArcObjects, etc). Ability to create, test, deploy and validate software packages as needed
- Knowledge of GIS theory and practices, principles and practices of enterprise information technology systems and structures, geographic concepts of location, scale, resolution, and generalization, administer system access and security to the enterprise GIS and related applications
- Ability to identify spatial relationships and display the results of analyses
- Review GIS data for currency and accuracy; document the parameters and context of GIS data; perform geospatial modeling or spatial analysis and create geospatial mapping capabilities
Qualified Candidates should have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Active SECRET security clearance
- Five or more years of experience working with geospatial applications and tools
- The ability to work well within a team environment
- Experience working with users to gather geospatial requirements
Additional preferred qualities and skills
- Detail-oriented analytical skills.
- Proven abilities in managing time and workloads to meet deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to apply their expertise on multiple complex work assignments.
- Experience with DoD/military/projects.
SuprTEK is an Equal Opportunity Employer
AddressScott Air Force Base, IL
ScienceView all jobs at Superlative Technologies