- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
*this is a temp contract role*
We are looking for an administrative assistant for a non-profit agency that bring resources, organizations, and people together to advance the health, education and financial stability of every person in our community. The position will be under the direct supervision of the Vice President of Resource Development, provides general administrative services in support of the Resource Development Department.
- Provides general administrative support to the Vice President of Resource Development and the Department to include assistance with special projects, the administration and management of donor acknowledgment letters and donor preferences of leadership and Tocqueville donors in shared CRM
- Writes and formats business letters.
- Campaign assistance to include managing packing lists and data updates for annual campaign mail outs, mail merges and new business data pulls, manage and book report envelopes and provide assistance as needed.
- Coordinates and manages mailroom operations including processing of mail and record keeping of usage.
- Provides services as needed for campaign pickups and can include daily run to the bank for pickup or drop off.
- Provides bulk copying services to the organization as needed.
- Manages and oversees general office equipment supplies
- Provides primary backup in manning the reception desk.
- Supports a positive team environment through active participation in team-related activities.
- Assists with the organization of office equipment, storage room, files and campaign materials.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Required education and experience
- Previous work as an administrative/executive assistant or office manager.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite (high use of Excel, Word, Power Point).
- Excellent communication skills with previous experience in working and speaking with vendors and donors is preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, or a combination of education and 2 years of experience which would provide the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential duties of this position. Previous working experience in a team environment desired.
- A valid driver’s license, vehicle and satisfactory driving record are required. Knowledge of the island and downtown office buildings helpful. Must be bondable.
- Available to work Daily/Hours of Work: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Some early mornings or weekends may be required.
- Must possess a solid sense of confidentiality and discretion
Duties require planning, analyzing and performing a variety of activities by applying a wide range of procedures and rules. Duties require attention to detail, accuracy, reliability, alertness and use of judgment. Reading comprehension needed for keeping abreast on community affairs and industry trends. Also requires writing ability, creativity and concentration. Mathematical ability required for statistical reports and setting campaign goals.
Superior Staffing & Services provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Superior Staffing & Services
BusinessView all jobs at Superior Staffing & Services