- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Superior Skilled Trades is seeking Structural Welders for an upcoming project in Cape Canaveral, FL.
This is a great opportunity with a lot of Overtime and PER DIEM!
- PAY: $28.00/hr
- PER DIEM: $75/ DAYS WORKED
- HOURS: 50+
- DURATION: 3+months
- START DATE: ASAP
Weld Test Requirements for Structural Welders:
- 2G, 3G, 4G position
- ½”-1” plate with backing strip
- Testing is 7 days a week in Cocoa, FL!
Job Description for Structural Welder:
- Structural welding/ Flux core
- Collaborate with lead welder to ensure that the proper weld procedure, type of material and rod size are accurately assessed for each welding project
- Analyze engineering drawings and specifications to plan welding operations where procedural information is unavailable
- Make a continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly
- Perform other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work environment
- Weld assembly and fabrication of various small to large scale structures and assemblies
- Effectively communicate with management/supervisors, engineering staff and planners to achieve build efficiency
- Modify repair, assemble, and install launch vehicles
- Check work after completion of each operation in job and/or completed job to ensure it is complete per drawing
- Handle and dispose of hazardous materials in approved manner
- Install and assemble custom and off-the-shelf tooling and machinery for building primary tank structure
- Setup of safety equipment and work platforms at elevation
- Operate general shop equipment and vehicles (forklifts, boom lifts, scissor lifts, etc.)
Preferred Skills for Structural Welder:
- 5+ years of experience in structural welding.
- Experience with aerospace MIG and FLUXCORE welding
- Highly proficient in structure welding
- Proficient in blueprint reading and lay out
- Knowledge and experience completing welds that pass visual before being X-rayed or dye penned
- Experience with overhead cranes and forklifts
Qualifications for Structural Welder:
- Must have at least 5 years of welding experience
- Must pass background check
Physical Requirements for Structural Welder:
- Must be willing to work all shifts, overtime, and/or weekends as needed. Estimated start times: 1st shift 6a-6pm, 2nd shift 6pm-630am, 3rd shift 11pm-7am
- Able to lift a min. of 25 lbs. unassisted
- Able to stand for extended periods – 8 hours min
- Able to stoop, bend, crawl, and maneuver in tight spaces
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER!!
Hablamos Español! LLamenos a nuestras oficinas y pida comunicarse con alguien que hable español!
Superior Skilled TradesWhy Work Here?
Join one of the fastest growing skilled trades staffing companies in the US! Possibility to travel!
Superior Skilled Trades is a national provider of skilled trades personnel.
AddressFort Lauderdale, FL