Superior Skilled Trades (SST) is seeking qualified candidates to demo, repair and install a new conveyor system.
Candidates will be required to obtain a PDX Security Badge.
OSHA 10 Required.
Must have the flexibility to work different shifts – One part of this project will be 2-3 weeks of nightshift work.
Ideal candidates should have prior experience working with assembly and Demo of Conveyor Systems.
- Read and Interpret blueprints, schematics and detailed repair drawings related to construction equipment and machinery.
- Dismantle equipment when required for repair and reassemble it at the appropriate time.
- Insert shims, adjust tension on nuts and bolts, or position parts, using hand tools and measuring instruments, to set specified clearances between moving and stationary parts.
- Level bedplate and establish centerline, using straightedge, levels, and transit.
- Align machines or equipment, using hoists, jacks, hand tools, squares, rules, micrometers, lasers, or plumb bobs.
- Conduct preventative maintenance and repair and lubricate machines and equipment.
- Replace defective parts of machine or adjust clearances and alignment of moving parts.
- Attach moving parts and subassemblies to basic assembly unit, using hand tools and power tools.
- Assemble machines, and bolt, weld, rivet, or otherwise fasten them to foundation or other structures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Lay out mounting holes, using measuring instruments, and drill holes with power drill.
- Shrink-fit bushings, sleeves, rings, liners, gears, and wheels to specified items, using portable gas heating equipment.
- Move machinery and equipment, using hoists, dollies, rollers, and trucks.
- Dismantle machinery and equipment for shipment to installation site, usually performing installation and maintenance work as part of team.
- Weld, repair, and fabricate equipment or machinery.
- Dismantle machines, using hammers, wrenches, crowbars, and other hand tools.
- Fabricate and dismantle parts, equipment, and machines, using a cutting torch or other cutting equipment.
- Troubleshoot equipment, electrical components, hydraulics, or other mechanical systems.
- Operate engine lathe to grind, file, and turn machine parts to dimensional specifications.
- 6+ years of millwright experience
- Experience installing conveyor systems
- Expert welding experience
- Expert knowledge of hand tools
- Expert Mechanical skills
- Reliable transportation
- Ability to operate forklifts is a plus
- Ability to exert heavy physical effort, handling average weight objects up to 80 pounds
- Ability to kneel, stoop, crouch, balance, climb or crawl