Superior Skilled Trades Downey, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Superior Skilled Trades is seeking a Laboratory Assistant for a Temp to Perm position in Downey, CA.
The Laboratory Assistant will perform various tasks to support the laboratory technical staff, including general laboratory maintenance, cleaning glassware, and preparing samples. This position will work collaboratively with all laboratory personnel and support other Cleanroom functions as required.
· Maintain laboratory work area and equipment by performing daily cleaning of glassware and lab equipment and disposing hazardous waste
· Prepare samples for testing, which includes readying solvents, performing visual inspection for damage, and initiating the final clean process
· Utilize various drying techniques including air, oven, nitrogen guns, and nitrogen manifolds
· Support Pre-Clean Technicians by re-cleaning jobs in Wet Lab as needed
· Perform other duties as assigned
· Analyze and implement projects in compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws
· Assist other technicians and departments as needed
· Compliant with all training, quality, compliance and safety policies, practices and procedures
· All other responsibilities assigned by Lead or Manager
Education/Training/Certifications: Must have a high school diploma or general education degree (GED).
Related Experience: Ideal if the candidate has some cleanroom experience and/or laboratory experience with wet chemistry. 2 years’ work experience or equivalent.
· Ability to read and understand work instructions from Production Management System (ICMS), documents, correspondence and memos.
· Effective communication skills which include verbal and written in English
· Ability to wear respirator as needed
· Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
· Use of hands, fingers
· Reaching with hands and arms
· Climb and balance
· Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
· Talk and hear
· Distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more)
· Color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors)
· Peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point)
· Depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships)
Superior Skilled TradesWhy Work Here?
Join one of the fastest growing skilled trades staffing companies in the US!
Superior Skilled Trades is a national provider of skilled trades personnel.